I recently got an offer from Microsoft as a Senior Program Manager. I wanted to discuss Visa
Firstly, I have a non-stem OPT which expires in a month. No extensions. No h1b. Now, potentially I have two options:
Register in a day 1 CPT program or sit in Vancouver office and travel every other week on b1. This is from my perspective, I haven't had a chance to discuss this with Microsoft lawyers yet. Anybody from Microsoft here who was in similar situation? How flexible is Microsoft in this regard especially since Vancouver is couple hours drive away.
- Microsoft fancyydkYou’re not supposed to work in the US if you come on B1. The “business” aspect of it is to only attend meetings and stuff. Also if you visit the US too frequently and stay for a long period of time, border officers will start questioning the purpose of your trip. MS will probably send you to Vancouver so you can come back when you get your H1B or after a 1-1.5 years on L1
- Almost same situation in which the team I applied is based only in Redmond and I cleared the onsite.
As far as I know, They want me and talked to another team in Vancouver. I talked with the new HM about the project and I'm waiting for next steps.
- I have heard that they stack new hire that need to go to vancouver to have a common starting day , also they have people that won t be accepted for this year H1 lottery to move to vancouver ..... I don t know if those are why it s being delayed but seriously it s taking too long.May 20 1
- Microsoft / Other abcde4Your offer will be rescinded. Microsoft's Immigration is known to rescind a lot of offers.
- Option 2 is not possible. You need a local address and travel everyday in b1 is not allowed. Are you a Canadian citizen?
- They gave verbal offer. They have hold back on written offer. They want to evaluate whether they can proceed by having me talk to lawyers first.
- Are you sure there aren't any issues in traveling into the US every 1-2 weeks on a B1 visa?
- Sephora zGyg65B1 visa is not made for those purposes. You cannot legally work in the US while on a B1. Your best bet is CPT or (if your current company allows you ) working for your current company in a managerial role outside of the US for a few years and transferring back on an L-1. The L-1 route would likely be more risky though.