What do you guys think about those modern design homes made of repurposed shipping containers?
TOP 5 Comments
- New BFrD16They built some in Berkeley and it ended up costing as much as traditional construction.
- New DuQvV7xPro:
* Speed of construction
* Non-rectangular configurations are not available
* This is not really cheaper than wood frame but cheaper than brick, stone or block builds
* There are no height/width restrictions. You simply add multiple containers.
Opinion (not fact):
* I like the look. Especially the “shotgun” configuration which is very reminiscent of NOLA architecture
* There’s nothing wrong with living in a trailer park
* If you ever want to build in a remote location, this is the way to go
- Intel / EngplebHow come ? Is the container itself that expensive or where's the cost ?