At MSFT moonlighting is acceptable as long as it’s not competing with MSFT’s business. I have an offer from Amazon and like to know what are Amazon’s stand on moonlighting. I’m currently working on a device at home that I’m hoping to market. Is that acceptable at Amazon.
TOP 10 Comments
- New / Eng🌲50Whatever it is that you’re doing, Amazon probably wants to compete with you
- Amazon gemaltoYou can't moonlight at Amazon without manager approval.
If you're working on your own business, you are probably ok as long as you never ever use your company laptop for personal business use and never bring the device to the office. Otherwise they can claim ownership of your idea.
- So you want to work two full-time jobs (during the same business hours) and you’re working on your own business/product at home?
This will work out well. 🍿
- Amazon / ProductcWRz51My 2 cent; stay at msft. Cliche (things become cliche for a reason) but if you are competent dilligent and smart (as you would seem to be!) you will be unlikely to have much time for your home projects at Amazon. Msft is hardly a stress free "9 to 5" place, but Amazon will pile on and pile on, it's systematic and well documented. Everything depends on your relationship with your manager and team of course, but the culture (of expecting everything, everything) is strong in this one.
- Microsoft / EngnKVE41moreOPCorrect, One corporate job (either MSFT or Amazon) and a side business/product at home.