I mean, I get it. The left hates trump because he comes off stupid... uninformed. (Part of the reason they hate him.) And now I understand that feeling, because this broad is batshit.
However. Since when did the Left be the sole arbiter of what’s “moral?” If I’m a republican, does that make my viewpoints automatically immoral? It doesn’t seem like a way to unite the country. Am I missing something?
Like the nickname “Saint Nancy” because pelosi has mentioned the phrase “morally wrong” about 739373 times in the last month regarding the wall. Who died and gave her the ultimate moral platform for the country?
- TripAdvisor owlwiseIdk, locking up kids seeking refuge in cages sounds pretty immoral to me.
- Idiot leftist scums in this thread. All Communists need to be rounded up and locked up.
Obama deported more immigrants than any president in history including Trump, idiot leftists need to learn and stop yapping. https://www.economist.com/united-states/2017/12/14/donald-trump-is-deporting-fewer-people-than-barack-obama-did
While you're at it, learn this too: https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488458/obama-immigration-policy-family-separation-border
- Read your sources. I already knew Obama deported more. That's not what were talking about but you guys love to move the goalposts so nice try. We're talking about locking kids away from their families not locking up families or unaccompanied minors. Illegal immigration is going down and more are leaving then coming in. It's the right that's convinced this isnt happening. It's the right that's convinced crime isn't going down. It's feelings over facts for you.
- Read the second link you buffoon - Obama caused more family separations than Trump. Fix your ideological brainwashing first. The whole issue about kids at the border is a narrative leftist scums have started to gain a sympathy vote from simpleton folks amenable to theatrics and brainwashing. Most of those kids are being trafficked and used as a front for family immigration, they're not really being separated. In many cases some of those kids were sent as accompanying sex slaves for the men who wanted to use them to get past the border. Grow up, scum.
- Ok so now you know they're being used as sex slaves. So do you think we should keep them in the states or deport them? Does your disgust end once they're off US soil? Don't pretend like that's why we're doing this. And once again I'm not talking about unaccompanied minors. If you still want to deport them all why do you even care if they're sex slaves? Or do you have some sort of delusion like @appleseed where you think they're better off being sent back no matter what or that "the left/Obama" started this?
- Because if you keep em, it's a sign of encouragement for the rest of them to continue with this business. Because it's not our responsibility to absorb the victims of the world. Because we have limited resources and have citizens to spend those resources on first before righting the wrongs in the rest of the world. Because we're not weak on crime. Because we keep our borders strong, just like we keep our homes secured. We prefer people knock on our door and enter our home with our approval and respect, and not approach us as homeless beggars sneaking past the backyard fence to get in and then when they're caught, cry foul and make a hue and cry of sympathy in the entire neighborhood with the encouragement of leftists who profit from their votes. Those are the scums we keep out. And you too.
- New / Engi i i@Facebook that 'grant asylum to some' is basically an invitation to try their chances (known fact that illegals make multiple attempts). If approval rate is not extremely low, the border crossing line will still invite folks.
Fun fact: most deported families whose kids were separated declined to take them back.
If people dont want to be separated from thier kids, they should not cross the border illegally.
- When has one congressman ever represented an entire political ideology? People from all sides of any spectrum say stupid shit all the time and lie. I don't pretend trump or any single GOP congressman represents the whole right and visa versa for the left.
There is nothing wrong with being conservative. I think if you support the GOP party in 2019 there has to be a couple things wrong with your thought process.
- Facebook public2"The left" lol. Politics isn't binary. You can be conservative on some things and liberal on others. People are spectrums. Let's end the us vs them and grow up?
- Listen, I hate giving this woman attention. I find her incredibly young, and acting on feelings. That being said, the reason I posted this, is because I have been accused by liberal friends of lacking morality. (Now I’m acting on feelings but I’m not a politician.) I don’t think it’s moral for someone to shoot a cop in Newman CA when he should have been deported not once but twice. I’m just really tired of the left/liberals/democrats claiming they are the only “moral” folks in this land. Compassionate, I’ll give you that. The law is not always compassionate. But why do the lives of illegals come before US citizens? If you break the law, you suffer the consequences. And until you have immigration reform to keep kids out of cages.... compassion may have to take a backseat.
- No one is arguing what you are arguing. But a single cop being shot doesn't make a trend. It's a question of priorities and illegal immigration has been going down since before Trump.
Are you as passionate about the plague of white men shooting school kids? What are you doing about that?
Flagged by the community.
- The OP understands that until the last decade or so, the Republicans were supported by large groups with names like the Moral Majority... right?
And their entire campaign against Bill Clinton was on the grounds of “moral character”... right?
I mean don’t both parties claim to uphold a “moral” vision for America?
As for the left however - who said we want to be seen as motherf***ing moral?
- Ah, well the Democratic Party is not “left”... it’s been run by “centrist” “3rd way” groups and individuals since the 1990s.
And like I said, both parties claim to uphold a moral vision of America. “Individual responsibility” “traditional values” “law-abiding”... these aren’t moralistic bits of Republican boilerplate?
As for identity politics. Yes, there is quite a bit of moralism wrapped up in that. It’s useless. That’s why I hope that politics shift from liberal approaches to a more militant revolutionary anti-racism.
- The media downplays racism as just the acts of “rotten apples” and spends other segments promoting the very policies and politics that bolster structural racism.
Structural racism is like redlining in the past or policing policy today... in the past the racism was overt, now it’s “colorblind” meaning that the courts don’t recognize structures of racism... a police officer can arrest only Latinos all day and can even say “I think only Latinos are drug dealers”... but as long as the cop doesn’t say “I’m only arresting people because of their ethnicity and no other reason, the courts have ruled that it’s not racism.
It’s these structural things that give rise to personal bigotry. Cops target poor black neighborhoods for crimes done by various groups equally (drug use) then the media hyped it up and claims that tough policing is needed because these are not “ordinary” criminals. Then the average person starts to believe they hype and thinks that blacks must be inherently violent or unlawful.
You can ignore a social/historical and data driven view of racism in favor of personal experiences - just like talk radio people can mock “global warming” on a cold day. Mechanical empiricism and anecdotes alone can be helpful, but can also be misleading.
Out of curiosity, did you work those jobs in offices? Have you worked in service, hospitality, or logistics?
- What am I doing? I’m voting for politicians who protect our second amendment and the training of teachers in schools. What are you doing about all the black kids being shot by other black kids? I mean really. There is plenty of crime here that has entered the country illegally. Not to mention the destruction and trash in the desert. The overcrowding of cities and schools. Maybe we need an asylum option. But for now, we need to protect our borders, empower ice to do their jobs, deport those with overstayed visas, and crack down on people who come here for the sole purpose of giving birth, and bringing their whole families in. It’s not just about the border, or Mexicans, or even Central Americans. The US, while it can be a vibrant melting pot, must be a legal one.
- Protecting our second amendment? What training of teachers? Is there any that has found to be effective against white incels? You sound like a crazy trumpster.
Crack down on people who come here for having babies? That's pretty legal even if it's mostly wealthy foreigners who do that. It's also written into our constitution. Good luck.
Look our priorities are just different. I want to protect the people who are already in the US, based on evidence of what works. Also did you really just make a dog whistle to 'black on black' crime? What a piece of shit you are.
- Snowflake Computing uCantSeeThis moral high ground is what leads to imperialism. That imperialism is what leads to supremacy. You figure the rest.
- Amazon yohunaOP, I think this link will help you out.
- Birth tourism is not illegal but you really want to protect it? What a piece of shit you are.