Is GE going to continue its track record of laying off people from their San Ramon office? Any more news ?
TOP 24 Comments
- GE / Eng RudemoreI am hearing more lay offs coming in October in the San Ramon office. Predix is a failed product and they will close down shop very soon
- What’s the alternative? Using public clouds and build on as needed. Having been part cloud service offerings and built private cloud platforms, a couple of favorite quotes I have adapted: “friends don’t let friends build private clouds”, “only person who would build a cloud is someone who hasn’t done it before”Oct 4, 2017 0
- There was news that the new CEO has taken away the blank cheque then digital team had. I guess this means frugality and reprioritization.
Any insights on the Cloud Foundry / Pivotal investments and use?
- Oh yeah they did, but they are suffering from serious lack of direction and product strategy and hence they are confused at what they are doing.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- BBVA JamonmoreI'm curious to know what happened. Are they still letting people go?
I see that they are hiring
- As part of the “cost out” initiative many Global Ops people were given a heads up in November that their roles would “likely” be going away/elsewhere come Jan-Feb but no real pink slips, per se. Folks were told they could look internally, but vacancies are hard to come by. Understandably, several of those people subsequently left their roles for opportunities outside of GE rather than take the risk of being laid off. Strategic move on GE’s part for many reasons that can be presumed.Jan 19, 2018 0