Moving to Oracle on H1b receipt

New hell123
Jan 17 38 Comments

I’m planning to move to Oracle cloud Seattle with H1b receipt. Working for a medium size company in Seattle now. How advisable would that be?

Have 8 years of relevant experience and a masters in computer science from a reputable university as well.

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 38 Comments
  • Google eXNB63
    Do it
    Jan 17 3
  • Microsoft sexymit
    Don't do it
    Jan 17 6
    • HP / Eng
      Brodozer

      HP Eng

      PRE
      F5 Networks
      Brodozermore
      You forgot to ask the guy that said "Do it" to elaborate.
      Jan 17
    • New hell123
      OP
      Lol. Confirmation bias maybe.
      Jan 17
    • Microsoft catbe
      Seems like you want to do it
      Jan 17
    • New hell123
      OP
      Mostly yes. But, posting to see if there are any horror stories for others.
      Jan 18
    • Oracle dont-know
      No respect , no raise and less motivated peers. There is always budget constrain for everything- This results into employees are focused on basics instead of problem solving , lots of dirty politics for survival & even getting qualified for inflation adjustment.
      Feb 9
  • Bank of America / Other tSWv17
    Not worth the risk...even if the lawyer makes an unintentional mistake and the H1-B gets denied for no fault of the real applicant then you'll have no job; again for no mistake of the applicant.
    (of course above is cuz there is no more RFE anymore..it's straight-up denials now)

    Everything above means don't risk and stay in your current job for just another month and upgrade to premium then.
    Jan 18 1
  • Microsoft catbe
    Yeah also Oracle does not have a backup place to put you till you get approved again. So if it is refused your game is over
    Jan 17 0
  • Microsoft Vgj(5;)
    Not worth the risk. I suggest don't do it.
    Jan 17 0
  • Anthem TC !
    Can’t you wait 1more month?
    Jan 17 3
    • New hell123
      OP
      I can. If premium is reinstated in feb, it’d make it easier. But, it’s already 4 months.
      Jan 17
    • Anthem TC !
      I wouldn’t risk
      Jan 17
    • Oracle peanutbtr
      What’s the guarantee that they will resume the premium processing of H1 applications next month?
      Jan 18
  • Microsoft Nutella1@
    Oracle is shite and do is BAL team working for them.
    Jan 17 2
    • EMC rob0608
      Why does everybody seem to say bal is shit? I seem to get really quick responses from them . They are going to file for my h1b transfer to oracle soon. Do they fuck up the application itself ?
      Jan 17
    • Oracle uvxR57
      You should figure it out yourself. They fuk up in every step. Got 1 yr h1 extension instead of 3 yrs because they fukd up the application.
      Jan 18
  • Oracle oraguy
    I'm with oci on h1 (Indian). I moved only after approval as premium was still available last year. Have a colleague (chinese) who moved after premium was dropped on receipt.
    Both of us have mba from the US from recognized schools and about 10yrs total international and US relevant experience from across the street.
    I did not get a rfe. Straight 3 years renewal based on previous i140.
    He got a rfe but was eventually cleared (his experience was in operations) in two months. It was always bugging him for those two months.
    In both cases we had strong support from hiring manager (American) but had to follow up with Bal for our cases.
    Conclusion is - there is no rule of thumb anymore. Every case is on its own. So decide what works best for you.
    Jan 18 1
    • Bank of America / Other tSWv17
      And let's not forget there ain't no RFE anymore..so not only is each case is different, but jow even more risky.
      Jan 19
  • Microsoft
    temp_

    Microsoft

    PRE
    Amazon
    temp_more
    Don't. I think it's too much of a risk. Just wait at the demotivating job for a few more months till the transfer completes.
    Jan 17 0
  • if you got denied you are probably fucked
    Jan 17 4
    • EMC rob0608
      If it gets denied, can't they apply again within a week ?
      Jan 18
    • It’s possible , or the hm got impatient and drop op.
      Jan 18
    • EMC rob0608
      I doubt if that makes any business sense.. especially after having op or anybody work for a while. It would be a headache to hire somebody else just because op got denied
      Jan 18
    • Head count is a very rare resource and hiring freeze can happen any time. It depends on hm want to gamble on OP or hire another guy when there is no hiring freeze yet. But if there is hiring freeze , then op is safer.
      Jan 18
  • NetApp bachha
    I think these microsoft folks hate oracle.. Spreading false news always..stop the bs..
    Jan 18 1
    • Microsoft catbe
      NetApp boy , you got something to share
      Jan 18
  • Kemper Maj. Payne
    Pretty sure this is the most asked question here. You know the risks so ask yourself whether this opportunity can’t wait or is too good to pass instead.
    Jan 17 1
    • New hell123
      OP
      It’s less of a question of waiting and more of a question of wasting my career at my current demotivating job. Or rather I feel demotivated after I got this offer.
      Jan 17
  • Oracle Pearman
    I will say don’t do it wait for it to complete , had seen cases where rfe was raised by USCIS due to no reason
    Jan 18 0
  • RackWare Dreamlight
    Don't do it. Just wait a month more and upgrade to premium.
    Jan 18 0
  • Oracle nellison
    ur screwed if its not approved... as for joining oracle you should only join if TC is atleast twice what you make else you will be in the same boat in 6 months
    Jan 18 0
  • T-Mobile kReO57
    I believe most of the companies are taking with receipt only, it should not be a problem and I haven’t heard any thing recently who joined with receipt with reputed companies as full time and not contractors l. There is always a little risk
    Jan 17 0