I have masters in CS but working in product management. My tc is embarrassingly low, and I only took this job because I needed one. Previously worked at apple for a similar crappy tc. So glory faang but crappy pay...
I interviewed with Facebook and google and got good results but the manager chose somebody else...bs. So I am trapped in team matching since some months
Can you tell me your secret sauce for getting multiple offers? Should I switch back to engineering?
Compared to my friends I can’t afford a shit, and I am living still with a roommate.
Joe: 3 (plus spend some time on phd)
What I am doing wrong?
- Jump on LinkedIn and select the option which lets employers know you are looking for a new job.
- Where's your degree from? Is it reputable? How long you're in US?
- Oh, you see... They know you're a fresh meat and they see it on interview, automatically assuming you'll accept to work for food.
And what you do? You accepted it, so they were right in their guess =) lol.
How many offers did you negotiate until the company rejected to offer more? 1-2? Maybe none? Of course it's 0, that's why they know in advance that we're silly and we'll work for cheap. We lack the mechanism to negotiate and to understand our value. I'm in the same boat btw, and for the same silly reason, yup.Jun 9 2
- Uber yjdbtcInterview Uber or Airbnb to bump your offer to the next level. I used to have similar TC with you with a PhD. Then Netflix and Uber offers helped me to catch up with the TC, more than 2X. Interviewing Google does not help since it is lowbaling everyone who does not have competing offer. Facebook is better but still lower than a few other companies. Getting multiple offers and then compete and choose where you want to go. You have a good resume and you can do it.
- OP, seriously go do some interviews, if you're good enough you get better offers , if you're not, companies will start denying offering more when you ask them for. Hey 4-5 offers and start asking for more until you see the limit of what they agree to pay - that's where your real market value caps.
- Expedia heresJonnyHow did you end up a Pm from polytechnic with a PhD? What dissertation did you do?