I have been facing this weird thing for a few days now, where I am experiencing upper abdominal pain (mainly in the center of the diaphragm right below the rib cage, which sometimes extends to the entire upper abdominal area). The pain subsides when I eat something, but starts again after an hour or two. It doesn't matter what I eat. Having green tea helps temporarily (not sure if this relates to my previous point about no pain after I eat something). The pain is not unbearable, but it does cause a lot of discomfort.
Anyone experienced this before? I have a doctor's appointment for next week but want to check if anyone has been through this.
I do not have any food allergies (none that I am aware of), I don't drink or smoke.
- Could be a stomach ulcer, could also be acid reflux. I suggest going to a doctor op. Try taking tums or some acid reflux pills
- Salesforce :w!Go to a doctor.
Make sure doctor tests you for H pyroli bacteria among the other things.
- I started getting this when I am hungry. I fixed by just eating when I'm hungry
- Directly above the bellybutton? That’s your large intestine and likely just gas.
Slightly to the left or below your first rib? That’s where your stomach is and likely just heartburn.
Anyway, we’re not doctors here. Go see a real doctor.
- Yes, above the bellybutton in the center but also extends towards the love handles sometimes with low intensity. Do ulcers cause gas as well?
I have an appointment scheduled already. But wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar experience and has any suggestions to offer.
- Apple zeo meohad same thing happened to a friend, he delayed for few days and then had to get gallbladder removed in an emergency surgery, so get it checked asap!
- Expedia adexp91Don’t wait for the next week. If I were you, I would go to urgent care today. If your appointment is with primary dr, you wont know anything anyway. (S)he is going to refer you a specialist.