Need help on how to deal with a co worker and his cheap politics ?
Hello Guys ,
I need advice on how to deal with my co worker . I work for a cost center which supports all other orgs .
I have been here for about 18 months . Initially I joined as a contractor and then became FTE after 3 months.
Unfortunately from the start I have to work with this guy who is the project lead - IC5.
I already started looking and plan to quit soon . Just need advice how to handle this guy till that time and also want to complain about him to HR before leaving .
These are few things he did to me which was very unprofessional and causing lot of stress
1.When I was a contractor literally he dumped all his work to me . He will purposefully ask me to do some manual activities again and again even if it is not needed .
2. He won’t invite me to any meetings with the users . He will make sure he is the key guy and won’t allow me to talk to the users.
3.He will always talks to me in Hindi even I told him zillion times politely that I don’t know Hindi . Even in the meetings he talks in Hindi which makes me feel bad .
4.He will text or call me in the weekends and say some manual work has to be completed before Monday morning and he need it by Sunday evening . This is not just one time . Numerous times he has done this . I know it is not needed at all .
5.This is funny and shows how mean he is . He created an incident on behalf of me requesting an headphone . He took it from the IT dept and took it home for his personal use . He didn’t even mention it to me . He is so mean . I came to know after seeing the ticket .
6. He will ask status every 2 hours . The reason is to irritate me . He does this purposefully to frustrate me.
7. I sit next to him and he always watches me what I do . He is so cheap .
8. He will disappear in the afternoon to do his real estate business . I was surprised how he does it openly and also in a H1B visa .
9.He will intentionally ask my visa status and again like Hindi I told him numerous times that I am a US citizen .
10. He has connections with other teams and he will make sure that nothing gets done if I go and ask them . He is very dangerous . This is very very unprofessional and can’t digest it .
11. He will keep changing priorities often . The reason is he will just dump his work to me . He hasn’t done any hands on so far other than going and attending the meetings and doing his real estate business in the afternoon .
12. He works smarter. For example in a project he doesn’t do any hands on work and he does all the project managers work from updating spreadsheet, sending meeting notes, follows with everyone on the status… Literally plays a project manager role . All the project manager prefer him since he does 90% of their work . I feel he needs to be transferred to the program management team or project manager team .
13 . Complained to my manager . He said he will take care of him . Nothing happened .
14 Really got pissed off last week . He has to deliver something last week and as usual didn’t do it . Then he assigns it to me on Wednesday evening.Then the project manager sends an email to me yesterday copying the whole team that this has to be fixed ASAP which is a show stopper . He knows this stupid idiot has to deliver it and was sitting on it for more than a week . I have to work the whole night on Thursday to complete it and deliver it on Friday .I feel all these guys from one region in India formed a cartel and try to think Nvidia belongs to them and no new comers can enter .
I am surprised how openly he does all these things .
Is it better to complain to HR now or wait till I get a job offer and then complain.