Need to pay consultant to give paid workshops outside the USA - trying to avoid visa applications.

New 5snow
Feb 7 1 Comment

I'm trying to hire a USA citizen consultant who I want to pay to give a series of paid workshops outside the USA.

I'm finding that many countries require this person to have a visa to "work", as the attendees of the event will be paying to attend the workshops.

However, if this consultant travels "for business", then many countries require no visa.

How should I structure this arrangement so the consultant can avoid trouble at the borders, even if the immigration officer determines the details of the arrangement?


Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 1 Comment
  • Microsoft UMbR31
    Revenue from the work performed should accrue to a US incorporated entity and the person should be paid by US entity, to call it "business" travel.

    Check with real Attorney.
    Feb 7 0