It seems like Netflix compensation can vary greatly depending on the skills, even for engineers with the same exact years of experience and performance.
Can folks who work/ed at Neflix comment
or pm me with their specialty and a tc range? Especially if you come from Facebook with a php/hack background.
Netflix isnt a generalist shop like some other companies and technologies not used at Netflix will obviously be less valuable to them and pay less.
How would you rank the skills by highest paid?
1. distributed systems (java or some other jvm lang)
2. data science / machine learning
3. front end
4. backend golang
5. devops / cloud
6. backend python / nodejs
7. backend ruby on rails / php (php would be ranked higher if coming from Facebook)
I only have a few data points.
- react developer with 6 yoe 400k
- backend developer with 8 yof offered 300k (tech stack unknown)
- a backend developer with 9 yoe 450k
I know a data scientist at Netflix making 1.2M with 7 yoe. What are you going to do with that info I wonder? And your argument about the L7 offer from Oracle is absolutely ridiculous.
Netflix will spend some time estimating your market value and then it’s going to top that.