I don’t really have a passion for what I’m doing.
Thinking about this has made my motivation go low and no real “ let’s go to work n have a great time energy left” ( yoe :2)
Want to quit my job ( visa issues, but I don’t care if I have to go back to India ) and figure out what to do ( mba or something else or etc )
I think that’s where I belong, consulting- talking to people, business ideas - oooo exciting
What do you guys think?
Do y’all really have that passion about what you guys do? Or just do it for TC or if you have family - just for the sake of kids n wife?
- Microsoft Cosine-Your doctor can help identify better but this is what I meant: https://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/seasonal-affective-disorder
- I enjoy working at square, but it's for the TC. I want to be able to retire young and enjoy the finer things. I don't want to have to wake up when I'm 55 and worry about money.
- Moody's nightSunYou're doing your current profession because you're to certain level proficient in the relevant skills. Doing what you're good at is supposed to make you feel good. This should supposedly bring you passion.
However, you're not feeling passionate about your work. That maybe because of:
1. How your skills are utilized doesn't really bring value to what you love or believe in. (Building a product that you don't really like or causes harm to others)
2. The people you work with don't make you happy. (Horrible boss or coworkers)
3. Your work is not appreciated enough, by employer or clients.
If you like the tasks you perform but found the above consuming your passion, consider changing an environment.
If charging environment doesn't work, then switch to a role that utilizes your current core competencies but adds other skills you want to develop. The new skills you need to hone or new knowledge you need to learn gives you motivation to work at least before you get tired of it again.
- Microsoft qrstuvwxyzStart doing things you are passionate about outside of work (I mean things that are not even related to your profession).
Like, go learn to fly a plane or skydive or play the piano or maybe play basketball. Aren’t there things other than your work that you are really into? Do them, and that will help with how you are feeling.
We all have felt or will feel this way, sooner or later.
- Cisco ABGslayerJust go have sex and go drinking. Not a lot but a small taste of that life can be refreshing