I’ve tried all kinds from modafinil to noopept to piracetam. For me what seems to work best is caffeine, but the side effect of disrupted sleep ( if I drink too much I end up waking up at 5:30 and not going back to sleep until 7 ).
Genetically I’m a slow metabolizer of caffeine so that obviously makes a difference but I’m just so damn productive on vs off caffeine it’s hard to imagine lowering the dose. I’m looking into getting a sleep aid, but curious what (stack) do you guys / girls use?
- Intel smarmyModa was nice but daily I think caffeine + l-theanine is my favorite. Focus and no jitters.
- Adderall/Vyvanse was a life changer for me. I only use it 3 to 4 times a week, the other days I just drink coffee. After 6 months I have seen no dependency or tolerance issues. I only take one dose in the morning and it lasts me throughout the day with no issues falling asleep. If focus is a big enough issue that you are experimenting with nootropics, you will have no problem getting prescribed. Plus in my opinion it is much safer going through a psychiatrist than random internet articles and Blind posters.
- Nah, unless you are injecting a huge amount there is negligible harm to the liver. It is more likely to fuck with your heart and brain after long term use. Here is a good article talking about the risks:
- Cruise Automation GMSpyModa gave me the worst migraine of my life while barely providing mild caffeine effect. DO NOT recommend
- Tableau DTRN71Tried modafinil once, yelled at my boss in a meeting over a technical disagreement. Later he asked what the fuck was wrong because that never has even come close to happening. I made something up because being on drugs didn't seem like a great answer. Obviously it made me pretty high strung. Threw the rest away. I'll stick to coffee, as far as I'm concerned there's no magic bullet. Being super awake isn't the same as performing better. Also I didn't need it, I was just curious. I've also switched to half decaf because I used to drink 6-8 mugs of coffee a day.