Walmart, senior devops: 168K/20%/40K/year/10K joining for two years
SAP ariba, senior devops: 180K/15%/35K/year
Palo alto networks, staff engineer: 185K/15%/no clue on rsu yet, still in talks
No more time to LC, need to jump ship soon out of sinking GE ship
lol... cannot edit poll. it’s Palo not Pablo 😝
- Walmart might be good but there is a learning curve considering it’s political and less engineering focused culture. You can search for it here in other threads. Nevertheless good for jumping ship and will give you enough time to jump to another.
- Choose Walmart only if you want to jump again in short time and have not much expectation from any move now. As there you will have lot of time to LC and WFH. The culture is top down hence will be same wherever you go with small variance. Currently, it is not great for engineers as I heard from friends working there and are trying really hard to get out asap.Aug 25 1
- I wasn't trying to be rude. Just giving you a data point. You should do what ever you think is the best for your situation. I would not go with Walmart though. Palo alto networks probably is better choice. Walmart was very good when it was labs, now it is crap is what i heard.Aug 22 1
- Are you sure it’s staff for Palo Alto? Staff is their entry level. Is this for DevOps or Dev?
- 15% bonus means it’s Principal at PANW. The bonus is 12% for senior level and I think 10% for entry level.
- How are things at SAP now? I heard they did some massive RIF in June, is business better now?