Any comments on the two offers ?
Yoe 6 after phd, current tc 250k , east coast location
Ict4 tc 338k + 1st year sign on
210k base, 122k rsu == 512,400 usd over 4 years, sign on 35k,
no target bonus or guaranteed refreshments, half of the people in the team I am joining has got bonus last year, all but 1 got refreshments
I got to continue to do interesting distributed work at a amazing team. I know the problem space and team well.
E5 tc 343 (with 15% Target bonus) + 1st sign on
190k base, 500k rsu 4 year vesting, 75k sign on
I need to choose a new team and go into a unknown space.
- Facebook iqGB30If u dont mind ur stocks go down from 512k to 400 join oracle. I lost so much of my rsu value when I was in oracle
- Microsoft picxiIt's the best company ever. Please join and don't ask for exhorbitant TCs. Think of wanting to make cloud from ground up
- Follow Oracle’s results and answer would be obvious... OCI will take at least a few more years to make significant money. Even then it will be an enterprise product so slow growth and adoption...
- Oracle Sir LarryOCI- build some cool shit, do things you wouldn't be able to do at Facebook. Then leave after a couple years and get even more from FB.
- PayPal protobuffFB has much better prospects of upside on stock. Better tech stack. Harder challenges to tackle. Best of the engineers to learn from. Better refreshers. Do I need to go on?