First it’s Gmail and Drive. Now it’s IG and FB!
- Its not just about depression, we’re indulging with machines at this point, feeding it with data you dont want any one to know or need to know. once we can feed the planet, we can get back to feeding the machines, i’d say its about time we prioritize our needs vs wants for everyone on the planet
- Why would anyone be surprised? These cloud services have crappy security and bad hardware that is way over priced.
Flagged by the community.
- Neither these cloud services have crappy security, nor over priced.
I dont even know what you imply by bad hardware. Cloud service abstracts away hardware for you, so you only care about service quality.
Compare service quality of these with other services in industry, pretty sure these are the bestMar 1315
- That crazier believes “abstraction” creates reliability and works at google is all you need to know.
So how is that outage treating you over there at the “highly reliable but not” goog?
- Twitter BrahmannmoreIn the midst of all the negativity, my prayers with the oncall guys. I understand your pain 😔
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Apple 867530nineFor me it’s like if a tree falls in a forest, did it actually make a sound? Happy I don’t use FB and Instagram anymore.
- To clarify, paid versions of gmail and drive dont monetize using your data. Only earn through the subscription fee.
For free version, drive does 0 monetization at all. So u get it totally free, without ads, without sharing data with any1.
Gmail free version shows some ads, but they dont share your email data with any1, nor do they personalize ads based on your id.
So i do think users overall enjoy great quality products for almost free
- No. Google is a v profitable company which earns huge money by ads.
But with that money, it also invests in services it think is good for google in long term, even though it doesnt make google any money.
Example, drive, gmail, photos. Google invested huge money in these, but nowhere close to earning anything from these.
I am not claiming google is altruistic or anything. Just clarifying some things.
- Amazon / OtherFroogleSeems like it’s still down - basically has been an entire day. Does anyone mind sharing what the root cause is?
- eBay Tim🍎Don’t worry, some one will hack and fix the bug and create a new pull request to merge