I heard from a friend that at some finance companies they only let employees communicate on their intranet..So they aren't able to send emails to anyone outside the office? Is this true for you guys? Or is my friend misinformed? Seems like work would be very hard to do...
TOP 26 Comments
- Facebook rgahdk123Yea, working at a Bank you get fucked at least twice. Once with comp, and second time on the work environment. If you have the chops to leave that shit environment do it asap
- Credit Suisse matoYou can send personal mails but they would block any technical code or similar things. They track closely what you are sending out and They can take strict action if they find you sent out some sensitive information.
- Not true for Bank of America? Don’t make me laugh.
Ask any contractors in Charlotte. I am talking about the dotcom and online banking d.
- Bank of America lnfD41Not true for Bank of America but most of the sites are blocked by GIS and all email communications are monitored
- These companies are regulated to monitor external communication channels to prevent things like insider trading. It is kind of hard to explain how you're doing this if employees can access Gmail over TLS on their desktops. They can't block everything but they check off some boxes for regulators by blocking email clients and social media logins
- Wells does not allow contractors to send external email unless you have special permission. They don't allow many blogs either, claiming it is software as a service.
- SAP Felon HuskProbably true for I.T folks (term tor tech team in banks who are not designing trading algos). And only using intranet is fair as you are a second-class citizen and they don’t want to face embarrassment by having you interface directly with important clients. Please leave the interfacing to the face of the company (dapper finance folks)
- Capital One xNoDepends on the bank. Can't login to external file upload sites or email (Hotmail, personal Gmail , drive, Dropbox, etc.) But people send and receive attachments in/out all the time, things like paystubs, etc. The only thing they scan for in email/communications is PCI/NPI data
- Capital One 77777777On top of them...
They scan everything but you’d hear from them for NPI/PCI only.
External GSuite or gmail is not accessible either on VPN or not.
Taking data out of corp laptop to USB drive or non-corp network drive is not allowed.
Sharing text or links directly from corp app including hangouts or gmail does not work on corp approved mobile devices.
Public cloud (non-corp aws, gcp, azure) access is restricted.
And the list goes on.