Does OCI really generate revenue?
Or this is marketing strategy or hire and fire strategy.
What people thinks?
- Oracle / Product ociuser3Oracle Cloud team is a great org. It’s NOT perfect but as you know FAANG is NOT either. Each company has its pros and cons but WLF and benefits at Oracle are REALLY GOOD and yes there are internal opportunities for those who come here to make a difference. Been here for 5 years and I enjoy the team, challenges, benefits (like unlimited vacation (depending on the position), RSUs refresh, etc) and opportunities. I do believe we have a very aggressive roadmap planned for all services and additional Data Centers for the next 12 months so lots of cool things coming out soon and that’s why we need more people. Check Oracle career portal for open opportunities and PM me for details if needed.
- Oci is infrastructure. Infra by definition doesn't generate revenue. What does generate revenue are SaaS apps running on that infra. Historically, these apps were running on-prem. Moving these apps to our infrastructure opens up a different business model.
- Oracle wants to badly get into the infra as product business because that is where the real revenue is, hence they are paying a lot in OCI. Eg Amazon and Microsoft. Saas revenue is not going to last long and will start dying soon. They don’t pay crazy salaries for saas. How come you don’t know these things working at Oracle.
- @tableau you are wrong. I am a lowly IC, but based on what I have been told by people higher up - we do not "badly" want to get into the infrastructure business. That's a low-margin highly commoditized market. We make our money higher up in the food chain.
If you think Oracle ERP is going to die soon, you are living in fools paradise.
- Huge salaries and massive hiring from aws and gcp for low margins? Something doesn’t add up.
Watch Larry speak sometimes, he is very heavily invested in going to that low margin market you are talking about.
That low margin market pushed amazon and Microsoft into trillion dollar companies.
You are making money from saas right now because oracle sucks at infra.
- Oracle Tch12Most of these hires would be laid off in a year. The fools in OCI don’t know what they are doing. Constant reorgs and layoffs. Most of the talented people have left. In Seattle area experienced engineers won’t even go near OCI. They are trying to hire junior people from out of state
- Nebbiolo Technologies / Design lyJi05moreOracle is dying, and will go out with a bang, burning from both ends.
- Amazon gmEk4SXYZ company hiring x000 workers is actually just hiring as usual, news like this is just publicity for building a strong image.