I work for the big O (Oracle) in the database group. I specialize in db performance.
Got an offer from AWS for the “database speciality solution architect” group. Level 6 position. Good pay (over $300K TC).
Oracle is willing to match AWS offer, salary wise.
For me here are the choices....
1) I know the product in and out
2) More visibility within the org
3) same salary as AWS
4) excellent work life balance
1) No one knows me. Unknown territory. I have to learn the ropes for the first couple of months and then perform to get some recognition.
2) In AWS I will be working on more cutting edge technologies.
3) I am kind of a workaholic. Don’t care about work life balance much, provided there are rewards at the end.
3) I am thinking a 3-4 years stint at AWS will give me more edge down the line in my career?
What say people?
It is a very hard choice for me. Please help.
and is AWS level 6 the equivalent level you are now at oracle? do you work at real world perf group in oracle?
i'd go for AWS to get exposed on cutting edge tech but this will be totally different if you are perf tuning focused in oracle