Perks at work in redmond
TOP 27 Comments
- Google aaaaaaacA free paycheck comes with your employment. That's the biggest one I remember. I think there are others, though.
- Subsidised food: $2-3 breakfast, $6-12 lunch. They just added the 10% sales tax few days ago 😐.
Some/most of the buildings get free fruits (apples, bananas, grapes, oranges etc). Drinks (non-alcoholic) are free and there are plenty of options to choose from.
Sports fields, $800 stayfit reimbursement, $100 sports club reimbursement are some of the other perks.
- @DumplingDu: Gym membership is not limited to $100 per month. I’m pretty sure Pro Sports club charges north of $200 per month and if you’ve selected the gym option (instead of $800 reimbursement), Microsoft pays entire amount.
By $100 sports club membership, I meant you can create a sports league and Microsoft will pay $100 per Microsoft FTE to the league for their expenses like equipments purchase, venue booking etc. Search on msw/bing@work/fb group for more details. I don’t have the link handy.
- Sports fields, food trucks, and The Commons, the latter which not only has restaurants and an IT Support store, but some shops (hair salon, musical instruments store, and ski & bike, among others). The company store onsite is pretty nice and they’ve got the visitors’ center across the way. When I worked there, I loved the trails around campus - you could decompress during lunch or any time of the day. I also played softball on a team there, as they have sports leagues (soccer, too).
- Microsoft / EngMissingNo.- Some buildings (like 41) have game rooms, maker spaces, and jam rooms.
- The tree houses are pretty cool.
- Cheap package sending at the commons.
- Soccer fields and basketball courts. You can get equipment at the commons
- Valet parking
- some teams have snacks paid for by the admin
- nice rooftop patio with grill in some buildings
- some nice walking and running paths in the forest