I've Airbnb and Uber interview this week. So far I've done Cracking the Coding Interview book and doing Leetcode (around 100 completed).
1. What's should I focus on one day before the interview?
2. Do they both directly go to coding interview? How many coding questions need to be completed 1 - 2?
3. If I'm not able to get to the running code is that direct rejection?
4. Should I expect questions regarding general CS knowledge, my work exp or system design?
Thanks in advance for you help!
1. There’s very little you can change the day before the interview in terms of general cs knowledge. So relax and do a leetcode or two if it makes you feel any better.
2. Usually there’s a part one and two to a phone screen question. We don’t ask two unrelated questions for one interview though.
3. Not necessarily. It depends on the difficulty of the question. There’s some questions where if you don’t get an optimized running solution it’s an automatic no. It’s always at the discretion of the interviewer. We might ask you to re-interview is there wasn’t strong enough of a signal.
4. For phone screen it’s purely algorithms and data structures.