I am planning to visit Hawaii for 5 days. What are the islands/places you would recommend to visit?
- Microsoft BarFooGo to the Big Island and watch the lava flows and go visit the observatory.
- New wgeneralMaui!!!!!
Haleakala is phenomenal. Wake up early and drive up at 4am to catch the sunrise at 6. (Exact time depends on season)
If you are driving road to hana, go the extra miles to drive down to Oheo Gulch (7 pools) and hike Pipiwai Trail.
5 days is about perfect amount of time to spend on Maui.
- Nutanix hmbsjc1LOL. Wife got me a trip to Maui for my 30th (Clinton was still President then).
We did the trip to Haleakala. They warned us it would be cold. We didn’t believe it because lowland Maui is humid/hot year around. The mountain top was literally freezing at 6am. I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt.
Funny now, but I’m pretty sure my testicles ascended into my abdomen due to the severe cold.
If you go up there, wear layers!!Mar 19 1
- Amazon Koh SamuiBig island has a lot of different types of beauty and climates all in one place. Tropical rainforest with waterfalls around Hilo. Mostly always sunny in Kona. High elevation deserts and sometimes snow. Coffee growing and avocados. Volcanoes. Some clear water beaches and even a green sand beach. Great place to visit. Big Island is my favorite.
- Amazon idbslwI second this but I haven’t been to the other islands. But I was super impressed with everything to do on BI. There’s great snorkeling and so much wildlife like turtles, dolphins, rays, and fish. There’s an awesome black sand beach and so many amazing views all over the island.Mar 27 0
- Pinterest poissonsCheck the seasonal wave patterns to decide which part of the island to stay for calmer waters: http://www.kauaiexplorer.com/guides/beach/seasonal_surf_trends.php