Please advise me

IBM RGmD36
Jun 4 20 Comments

Got offer from XXX
base: 190K
bonus: 30K
RSUs:120K (/4 years)
bonus: 12%

yoe: 5

current tc: 160K

Now, I have onsite interview lined-up for Google, Amazon, Apple and Uber. But now recruiter from XXX is pushing me to accept the offer and saying it's take it or leave it offer. Now I am not sure whether I should just accept the XXX offer or should I take chance with these 4 big companies?

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 20 Comments
  • CVS Health zzwJ42
    Wth is XXX? No one can answer without knowing your current TC, YOE and current and new company.
    Jun 4 3
    • Yelp djang0
      The numbers look like Salesforce
      Jun 4
    • IBM RGmD36
      OP
      Updated the post
      Jun 4
    • Salesforce vaseline
      Salesforce doesn’t give 12% bonus - 10 or 15 depending on level at that YOE
      Jun 4
  • Uber (Admin)
    Tell them that you have a personal policy to say no whenever subjected to pressure sales tactics. Then ask them how long you have to consider the offer, and if they still give you a short timeline, say no.
    Jun 4 0
  • Yahoo gdn12gs
    PANW?
    Jun 4 0
  • Intel qmmm66
    Have they given you a timeline to accept? Ask for 4 weeks or so. Then ask other companies if they can speedup the dates as you have a deadline to accept. They normally oblige. Then use counter offer if you have any to negotiate and take what you like.
    Jun 4 6
    • Intel qmmm66
      Big companies do
      Jun 4
    • Intel qmmm66
      in fact some of them like Amazon hold offer for 6 months even if you decline
      Jun 4
    • CVS Health zzwJ42
      Lol, have you tried this? No company will ever wait 4 weeks for a yes/no answer from a candidate. Will they keep other potential candidates on hold until you take the decision?
      Jun 4
    • CVS Health zzwJ42
      Amazon gives 5 business days to take the decision.
      Jun 4
    • Intel qmmm66
      I have tried this, yes. I had an offer there i declined and another manager told me he can get me hired anytime in that period without an interview loop as long as it's the same grade
      Jun 4
  • Oath lleugh
    Honestly, I would just take up the offer and renege later if something better comes along. This current offer would become a good bargaining chip IMO. Also, I’m assuming this job is at-will employment, meaning you can technically leave immediately after signing the offer.
    Jun 5 1
    • Amazon / R&D
      fzVM53

      Amazon R&D

      PRE
      Samsung Electronics, FireEye, Inc.
      fzVM53more
      ^^ This! And you can accept the offer and not join as well.
      Jun 5
  • Amazon / R&D
    fzVM53

    Amazon R&D

    PRE
    Samsung Electronics, FireEye, Inc.
    fzVM53more
    Take it and later u can always change ur mind. Tell them you can join only after u complete current ongoing projects and take a break. That should give you time of 4-5 weeks.
    Jun 4 1
    • Mentor Graphics
      poly..

      Mentor Graphics

      PRE
      Mentor Graphics, Palo Alto Networks
      poly..more
      That's a good advice. Take it OP.
      BTW those numbers look pretty good for 5 YOE.
      Jun 4
  • Capital One IukP56
    VMware ? Seems like it
    Jun 4 0
  • Spotify lrtrjdns
    No offer is “take it or leave it.” You can always negotiate on something.

    XXX invested time and money in recruiting and interviewing you, time and money they would have to spend to get another candidate through the recruiting pipeline into a job offer. Because of this, you almost always have some negotiating leverage.
    Jun 4 0
  • eBay abababbb
    What role
    Jun 4 0