Got offer as L5 (senior sde, maps somewhere between amzn L5 and L6) from Qualtrics. Would like to understand if it is good/bad. And what happens once initial grants are gone. Recruiters didn’t shed any light on that.
Qualtrics folks please let me know if it is worth joining. How are benefits like health insurance, etc.
Equity: $300k/ 3 years = $100k / year
Bonuses: 10% of base
- I just received a similar offer last month. My base was 190K and a 30K sign on bonus. I didn't negotiate with them so I'm sure it could be higher had I negotiated.
- I wouldn’t join if you have anything comparable elsewhere, SAP acquisition cannot be good for eng culture in the long run
- That equity is for SAP stock. Bonus for on target is 10%. Benefits have always been eh but improving - they are all up in the air w the SAP acquisition though. Pre-acquisition they only gave out additional equity w a promotion. Post-acquisition we have refreshers available twice a year but it hasn’t been long enough for any of us to know how those will really work.
- I don’t know anyone that’s out of Q stock. The Seattle office hasn’t been around long enough for that to happen. All employees receive their stock in SAP now - we’ve only had one refresher since the acquisition and the amounts I heard varied a lot. Seemed pretty tied to whether you got a promotion or not. A lot of folks were not happy. And yes, SAPs vesting schedule is once a year over three years.
- So does it mean that if you still have stocks vesting, then no new stocks, unless promotion? Basically, refresh with memory (unlike memoryless).
Also, SAP stocks are not bad. Yes, it doesn’t grow like amzn, but doesn’t drop like FB either.
How much each level gets of refreshers?
- Thank you, for reminding that. :) Where did I say that I don’t care about refreshers. I care about them, but not in a sense of freaking out and dropping the offer. TC is still more than what I will do at amzn for the next 3-4 years. Nobody knows what will happen in 3-4 years.
- Netflix / Eng MoneyHeistmoreI'd push for bonus data. Even if they won't tell you what their policy is no company tells it's manager to "just do whatever you think is right." Ask for median bonus of high performers, or the normal range for all L5s, but you shouldn't go in blind.
- ^ 4 days/week. Commuting - orca or parking reimbursement.
Lots of Snacks, fruits