Please help me decide: Okta (Bellevue) vs Amazon
Assume comp is the same or irrelevant (around 270k). 4 yoe
1. I got great vibes from the people and the nice smaller company feel (everyone on the team interviewed me, manager was nice, talked to directors and vps). I got enough of big company feel in Microsoft :/
2. Work is very product focused, so mostly feature work with mid scale services (I have experience in this kind of work). Okta integration network (OIN) is important for differentiation but not core to the company (more of an ecosystem thing)
3. Based in SF but I am told you can work remotely for whatever team
4. Great perks like unlimited PTO, catered lunches on alternate days, etc.
1. The actual people I interviewed with weren't on the same team, but my potential team has mostly principals and seniors (so lots of potential for me to learn). My hiring manager would hire a different manager in a few months and I'll report to him/her (so I don't know my manager)
2. Work is core and directly tied to Amazon revenue, very high scale backend with machine learning exposure (directly working with scientists, scaling their models, etc.). Lots of new transferable in demand skills that I currently have no experience in.
3. Could be operationally heavier (but I guess that is normal part of services work). 1-2 pages a week for oncall.
4. Good team mobility since this is Amazon Seattle
5. The con is Amazon's reputation, no perks and low vacation (not sure how much is exaggerated). I am passionate about work, and like working hard but also want a life outside of it.
In my ideal world I would get Amazon's work in Okta, but alas that is not the case. How would you make this decision if you were in my shoes?