Revving up for FAANG design applications
Getting ready to apply to FAANG for Product Design roles. We hear a lot on here on how a SWE should prep — curious to hear if the design community has any tips to succeed?
Here’s my current list of to dos:
- Read through “Solving Product Design Exercises” + lookup and read any design exercise articles already out there
- Spruce up portfolio to highlight best 2-3 projects and highlight any management experience if possible (know my stories by heart)
- Ask current network at FANG for referrals
- Go through 2-3 rounds of non-FANG interviews for practice
- Line up in person interviews within same month, so if I get offers I get them at the same time and can use them as leverage to get best TC
Anything else I’m missing? Any tips on how to do well during in-person? I’ve previously interviewed with MS twice in-person for intern positions when I was in college but didn’t get in.