In process with Robinhood. Their product is doing pretty well. How is the workculture?
- Spotify TkhS66Really worried about their ability to make sound product decisions after that banking fiasco.
- Microsoft warlockGiven they’re fin tech, they should have finance experts on retainer to mitigate such issues.
I’ve encountered engineers/PM’s who didn’t know about price discrimination laws and wanted to price all along the demand curve, so to speak.
So when products are developed by technical folks in isolation, issues will arise.Jan 87
- Rofl banking system wanted it dead 💀 😂😂😂 dude they have essentially no guarantor behind your cash. SIPC doesn’t back dollar for dollar since it’s technically an “investment account”. There’s Regulatory leverage to protect clearly inexperienced investors such as yourself. SEC definitely did the right thing.Jan 87
- Amazon / OtherYour mommaCompanies make mistakes, even when it’s obvious on how those mistakes could have been prevented. Robinhood is looking to change the financial sector and pushing the limits, for example on its original/core product, and reduce fees that banks have been stiffing customers with for decades. I’m sure Robinhood learned from this mistake and it will help them moving forward.
Disclaimer: I don’t have or like the Robinhood trading app compared to others.Jan 85
- Visa need-rootsWhere was Josh Elman on this matter? He went radio silent and one would think he left his VC job to take on product leadership there precisely to mitigate something like this. He tweeted this product offering, when someone @ him about specifics of the product, he just pointed to the FAQs without much substance/commentary, then quietly removed the tweets once it blew up.Jan 112
- Culture is good. People are nice and talented/senior engineers have been joining the company. They are helping building the product and business, but also scaling the team. Building up an even better culture is part of that. Robinhood is still a startup, so work hours can get longer, specially once it gets closer to a product launch. But so it has in any other company I have worked for before. Also, having worked for companies that are well known for their good culture, I’m happy with the culture at Robinhood.
- Pandora UnhI48Considered applying there till I realized that their brokerage is written python .... lmaoooooo
- Summary of this thread: People making assumptions about Robinhood and giving their toxic opinions and Robinhood employees having 🍿🍿
- New / EngLosYorkMy manager said he would smash my phone if I dare to talk shit about them, but how would they evennnnnn &2!;&,@@&!!’bjakxjc chancclvll Llc skvuvjkxocpllk
- Twitter / EngTWTmoreIt’s awesome - don’t listen to the armchair company experts on this thread. Have 3 friends that went to Robinhood and they all love it. It’s > 50 hours a week but the work’s high impact and rewarding.
- They will get crushed eventually. The brokerage industry doesn't need them. They are all about user acquisition before IPO/buy ou
- There is a commission, its called a shitty execution. Millenials don't care cause they don't think it's costing them. Any brokers could do it right now, but with a way better platform. Better handling of tax lots, better access to worldwide markets etc.. RobinHood is there to get acquired eventually. If you don't understand that, you don't understand why they tried to quickly launch a loss leader bank account.
Do you think it's magical that they offer 3% where everybody else offers 2.25 at best? Its called dumping money for acquiring customers.
They are doomed to fail.
- Looks like Robinhood employees are banned from this platform. #workculture
- Facebook ujsX74A recruiter reached out to me from there but was so annoying (emailed me aggressively over the holidays and on Christmas Eve night! Wtf) that I told her to stop calling.