I received an email from the Apple recruiter asking me for my Realistic Comp Expectations:
Current TC: 150k
Role: Sr. SWE
I was thinking asking for this.
Location: Bay area
Base salary: 170k
Total TC: 260k
Is this realistic? Knowing that I’ll be moving from Florida to the Bay Area. The cost of living is approximatively 57% higher in the bay.
Also should I give my salary expectations now or ask the recruiter to give me level and salary range first?
- Microsoft tech.ladkimoreI personally think 250 in Bay will save you more money than 150 in Florida, at least if you're single
- 1) Don't give numbers, at least not yet. Get level, pass interview then mayne discuss expectations.
2) 150k in Miami is like 250k+ in SF. Be aware of this as you make decisions.
3) Get competing offers, else all this is meaningless and they can just lowball you and not much you can do except for threatening to walk away, which can backfire unless you really are okay with walling away.
- Thank you!
1) I actually already went on-site but we never discussed level. I received that email asking for salary expectations few days later. I’ll
Make sure to reach out and ask them for level and maybe salary range?
2) Yes, I will, I’m ready to stay here if offer is too low.
3) I actually made it past Hiring Committee at Google and I should be able to get an offer soon.
- Finally got the numbers from Apple:
It seems pretty low:
Signing bonus: 50k
Base salary: 150k
I am thinking asking for something closer to :
What do you guys think? Is it feasible? I also don’t currently have a competing offer from google. Currently doing team matching.May 31 0
- Apple RcvW67Yes it’s realistic and you might even be able to do better based on the level you get in. If it’s ICT4 then you might get more. If it’s ICT3 then this salary is on the higher side...