I am currently an AWS account manager and have received a job offer as strategic exec at
Is there anyone that has worked in both companies and would like to share thoughts?
Also, the offer is competitive on salary but does not match my current RSU plan. At Salesforce they claim they do not have RSU nor sign on bonuses. Is it true?
- Salesforce U236Wlb can be ok in sales but depends on what segment you are in. Forget wlb at end of quarter if your deals aren’t done , but thats no different than sales roles anywhere else. Rsu and sign on are given in sales roles but usually only for top candidates or leadership roles. Rsu refreshes are stingy and usually leadership only
- Thanks a million! Actually at Amazon we’re quite privileged with wlb and end of quarter pressure still low. Not sure it’s going to last. Am interested in Salesforce as a next step because it would take me a step closer to business processes rather than tech. Is this the case based on your experience?Oct 27, 2018 0
- Tektronix GfzN06What's the ote? How's it compare? 50/50 split?
All about those accelerators yo.
- OTE is 25% higher in the SF offer but base salary is the same (they have 50/50, currently 65/35). They included 40k sign on, but covers 1/4 at current value of Amzn RSU’s. Accelerators at SF are a lot higher, of course everything there depends if I am able to overachieve. Would you risk 120k that are vesting in 18 months for potential higher compensation if you overachieve?
Also, asked around and SF appears to be worst in terms of wlb and pressure on numbers.
Have to answer next week and still feel 50/50Nov 2, 2018 0
- My future manager (of course) claims it’s great, a few big utilities customers currently achieving 150%. Got a raised offer with sign on bonus, but does cover 1/4 of the current value of my amzn stocks. Salary raise is 20% but at 100% of the target it would take 4 years to compensate the amzn rsu.
Am intrigued by company and role but money wise seems like shooting in my own foot, unless targets are very feasible. Any suggestions?Oct 31, 2018 0