Amazon Tc: 240
Current Tc:200 @ Microsoft level 62
Location: Seattle vs Bellevue
Title: Amazon l5 vs salesforce Senior MTS
Amazon Tc: 240
- Amazon nSNv43There is some really good work happening at Amazon but wlb and growth really depend on which team you are in, if wrong life is super fucked. Also, compensation is the bigger issue. Amazon's comp is more like a contract that you sign at the start where the bumps you get every year are not really great or meaningful which means even if you bust your ass for the whole year you'll still end up getting very minimal increment in base and some stocks. I think Salesforce has good raises every year and bonuses(not sure). They have some solid products too and are here to stay, so overall would say join Salesforce.
- Thanks:) I believe both teams are good, I talked with engineers from both team after the interview, I believe I can learn a lot from them. just had concerns about my career in the next few years, If I want to move, I can still get chance to interview and get offer from other big names. Your reply save my life
- Amazon sde12I would also think where do you want to next after amazon/Salesforce and factor that into account. Amazon is not only a bigger name on your resume but I believe your learning opportunities and do impactful is also higher. Keep in mind you can always change teams in amazon if things don’t workout in the team you join( vast set of problems being worked on across retail/AWS and Alexa.
- Salesforce coolforceSalesforce any day. I know ms, amazon and Salesforce. Salesforce by far the best culture and value/respect for an employee.
- Negotiate with Amazon. I feel Amazon has a lot of interesting work under AWS and you may be able to move internally to get broader experience. See if you can push them for 300k. With current numbers Salesforce offer looks better
- Depending on what you want.
If wlb and don’t care about technology SF
Or else amazon
It can get really frustrating at SF if you care about learning ( of course there will be few teams which are good ) but in most cases people are in for wlb
- Which team is it ? Most of the teams in sf do 1 thing interact with core product and right some code around it and sell the stuff . Interacting with core is no fun.
If you don’t care about wlb 9 out of 10 times amazon team would be better than sf in terms on technology and work.
- For everyone saying Salesforce, you don’t know jack****. Salesforce Marketing cloud is recently established in Bellevue. The whole org is full of ex Microsoft employees. They have brought there culture with them and work day and night to fight the laid back culture of Salesforce. GLuck