ServiceNow tc

New sv1
Nov 15 27 Comments

Hi,
I have 10 yoe. Verbal offer for Senior Software Engineer role in Service Now (santa clara)

TC - 155k base/ 15% bonus/125k(4 years) ESPP

Have onsite interviews scheduled at Fitbit, Intuit, Square.
Should I have to wait for other interviews? And any tips on how to buy time is appreciated. In case I dont get thru the above mentioned onsites, what could I realistically negotiate.

Thoughts and suggestions place.

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 27 Comments
  • New sv1
    OP
    If I don't crack the interviews that I have lined up then I don't have a choice but to take this one. But any issues with service now or the position ?
    Nov 15 4
    • ServiceNow oBpP
      SN has bad culture and work environment. No career progression, bad managers who abuse power and authority, you will be put on PIP for the smallest and stupidest reasons like not attending a meeting, if a Director doesn’t personally like you then you will be put on noticed. They will find the smallest things to manage you out. Lots of bad managers constantly micro managing. I heard the IT dept is the worse but other groups are just as bad. If you are desperate then just take the offer and leave after you get the offers. They hire just as fast as they fire people. Try to delay SN and let the other companies know you have an offer coming so they will speed up the process on their end.
      Nov 16
    • ServiceNow idkdude
      I'll second everything above
      Nov 16
    • AT&T
      random25 ⚽️

      AT&T

      PRE
      AT&T
      BIO
      Nomad life
      random25 ⚽️more
      My friend have really bad interview experience in which interviewer started arguments in interview.
      Nov 18
    • ServiceNow idkdude
      sounds about right
      Nov 19
  • ServiceNow idkdude
    they have room to raise the base and stock grant.
    Nov 15 3
    • They put ESPP when I think they mean RSU 🤔
      Nov 15
    • New sv1
      OP
      How much do you think I can shoot for ?
      Nov 15
    • ServiceNow idkdude
      180 for the rsu easily. at least another 10k on the base
      Nov 16
  • AT&T
    random25 ⚽️

    AT&T

    PRE
    AT&T
    BIO
    Nomad life
    random25 ⚽️more
    Wait for Intuit offer
    Nov 15 2
    • Salesforce CloudSurfr
      Does Intuit pay well? Not that it's accurate but their numbers on glassdoor are pretty bad
      Nov 18
    • AT&T
      random25 ⚽️

      AT&T

      PRE
      AT&T
      BIO
      Nomad life
      random25 ⚽️more
      Servicenow work culture is really bad. Don’t believe on Glassdoor numbers. You can negotiate with Intuit.
      Nov 18
  • If that is in san diego location I’d accept in a heartbeat
    Nov 15 0
  • ServiceNow oBpP
    Base is low for Senior level. I’d wait for the other offers. ServiceNow should be your last choice. Go for Square or FitBit. More opportunity and innovation in those companies. In other words, I’d stay away from ServiceNow.
    Nov 15 0
  • New sv1
    OP
    Hi, please some help here. The role is for IC 3. The HR is not giving me enough time to tell my decision. She called me today and gave me one day time to get back with the numbers since they decided to go with me only today. She said her offer is 160k base/ 150k espp over 4 years / 15% bonus. She said once the offer is finalized she will give me only 3 days by which I need to decide. If not I lose the offer and it's declined it seems. I told her that I have other interview commitments and I need to honor them because I lined them up only because the team was hesitant and taking more time decide. She didn't take that quite well and she was like if you think you can sit on this offer and keep shopping around that is not going to happen. She was like if I send you the offer letter by Monday you need to decide 3 days from there otherwise you lose the offer. Don't you think that's unfair ? I have my tech phone screening with Intuit, square tomorrow. And onsite with Fitbit on Friday. Fitbit told me that they can give the decision by Monday. How can I tell Intuit and square to speed up the process and is it true that once an offer letter is given I have to give the decision in 3 days or else the offer is gone. She also said this position needs only green card or US citizen since customers are federal. And that's why they kinda went over with me because I have a green card. This is too much pressure. Can you guys give me thoughts on how to handle the HR at service now and buy more time. I thought usually u can get back with 1 week. Is she lying purposefully for me to accept it.
    Nov 20 8
    • New sv1
      OP
      My situation at work is not good. There are layoffs and anything can happen. And today I encountered one of the most disrespectful moments with the HR at servicenow. I started to negotiate in the most decent way and she said - " you know what you barely made to IC3 and the feedback is that your JavaScript was pretty AWFUL. I can raise the espp by 10k. Take it or decline it. I will send the offer letter tomorrow and sign it by Monday else it's gone. You can't sit on it and make me wait. And the joining date is dec 16th and if you don't join by that date we lose the head count for this year." This is one of the most hurtful moments I have ever encountered and I feel the software industry is becoming maligned and cut throat. I feel so humiliated. But my current work situation makes me feel like I should accept this and not generalize the attitude of the company based on one shitty HR. But I don't have a positive vibe or a feeling about this after what I experienced today. I have my Fitbit interview tomorrow and Intuit next week. I don't know if I will clear them. In case I don't do u think I should accept this after all that happened. The person in servicenow who referred says the hiring manager is a very nice guy and not like this hr but still told me that I should join only if I feel comfortable. But I am so pissed off after today's incident. Sorry for the rant. Who will join if the invite is so unwelcoming.
      Nov 21
    • Yea that sucks, shitty recruiter forsure. I’d accept for now then and then you have till the 16th to interview and get an offer elsewhere or you can just screw the recruiter over if your feeling is that bad and not join in the end. Bottom line, you can accept the offer for now and change your mind before the start date
      Nov 21
    • New sv1
      OP
      Is that a representation of the mindset of the people in the company. Because if I have no offer then I am thinking I should take it than to stay in my current job which is volatile
      Nov 21
    • New sv1
      OP
      Fitbit didn't go well I think. Now hoping Intuit goes well. Meanwhile if I sign the offer letter next week will it have any clauses like "after signing the letter not taking up the offer or cancelling, action can be taken "
      Nov 22
    • Salesforce ForcedFart
      legally it can only be "at will". I had a friend who come to a company 1st day and got a much better offer elsewhere and quit the 2nd day. I've done it twice myself...I probably wouldn't do it to Google, but there are plenty of companies at ServiceNow's tier
      Nov 26
  • New sv1
    OP
    This gives a very diff perspective and impression. I thought I would take SN if I don't take crack into any of the scheduled ones. But reading the above ....
    Nov 17 0
  • Lyft zimgreen
    Please don't take a senior position with that much experience.
    Nov 15 0
  • Google / Eng Googled
    Definitely you should give other interviews
    Nov 15 0
  • New sv1
    OP
    What is the upper limit I could go up to ?
    Nov 15 0

Salary
Comparison

    Real time salary information from verified employees