Should I move on? Been waiting on a formal offer letter for the last 5 weeks! HR is responding.

Wells Fargo fin2tech
May 1 7 Comments

I am moving to NYC from Bay area. Currently I am not in a good relationship w my boss to let me to work from east coast. My options are to either keep working in the bay area (which I can't since our decision of the move) or just quit and look for new jobs in NYC (which is dangerous). A professional consulting company interviewed me for months and verbally offered me the job. Now they are taking really long to send me a formal offer letter. Shall I just hope for the best, quit my current job, move to NYC? Or stick to me job as long as I can until I have an offer?

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 7 Comments
  • Microsoft jT47lg
    Call them and say you have two other offers and you need to hear something very soon. You can carry this facade as long as you need to but if they want you they will speed up the process. They might be interviewing other people and since you not given them a timeline they are just taking their time.
    May 1 0
  • Oracle ZweU65
    yeah it's definitely not uncommon for big companies to take 6+ weeks to get the written offer out. Speaking from experience on both sides of that, it's probably more of an HR thing than something relating to you personally.
    May 3 0
  • Expeditors WwUM84
    Stay in your current job, keep following up with the one that offered, keep applying to other companies in NYC.
    May 1 0
  • Arista Networks Xyzabcdefg
    Stick around follow-up every week.
    I got mine after 10 weeks of verbal offer :)
    May 1 3
    • Wells Fargo fin2tech
      OP
      What took yours long? Did you do anything to expedite it?
      May 1
    • Arista Networks Xyzabcdefg
      Upper management approval. I followed up every week with the Manager.
      One of my email wrote....please let me know within next 10 days Have another opportunity building up.
      Appreciate your quick turnaround on this.
      May 1
    • Wells Fargo fin2tech
      OP
      Yeah, they know I'm working on another interview currently. But they keep saying that they'll have an offer for me. 😞
      May 1