Should I stay or should I go now?

Amazon / Eng TinyRobot
Nov 6 11 Comments

Hey fam,

I just received an offer from Zulily, and I'm deciding whether or not I should take the offer. As a side-note, I am no longer working for Amazon; I am now working for a start-up within a larger company.

My offer @ Zulily is over 30% higher than my current TC and seems a lot more exciting than my current job. However, I'm a bit nervous, because Zulily has bad reviews on Glassdoor and on Blind. Honestly, I'd like to work elsewhere, but I've been receiving a lot of rejections lately.

My manager says that I've already been approved for a promotion to senior engineer at my current company, but this promotion would not occur until after my current company has been acquired by another company -- my current company has offers and will soon be acquired by a new company. But, I don't feel any passion or motivation in my current role, due to the lack of customers. I haven't been able to ship any code in the past six months, due to a slow-moving business development team.

Current TC: 130k
Zulily Offer: 170k
YOE: 3

Should I accept the offer? Or, should I wait for my promotion and keep looking for new roles?

Thanks for looking! Love you all!

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 11 Comments
  • Roku cruella
    🎢🎡

    Should I stay or should I go now?
    Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go, there will be trouble
    And if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know

    🎢🎡🎡🎡
    Nov 6 2
    • Amazon / Eng TinyRobot
      OP
      🎢🎡

      So, you gotta let me know.
      Should I cool it or should I blow?
      Should I stay or should I go now?

      🎢🎡🎡🎡
      Nov 6
    • Roku cruella
      I guess we can keep going in this futile exercise of quoting the lyrics. But u have important question to get answers to. :)
      Nov 6
  • eBay winniexi
    Nov 6 0
  • Microsoft MMKy42
    Take it, get another company on your resume, then jump ship. Rinse and repeat.
    Nov 6 0
  • Netflix xilften
    Yeah. If they wanted to they would give you the promotion now pre-emptively. By delaying they now have an excuse "we want to but unfortunately the new management doesn't want to give it to you"
    Nov 6 1
    • Amazon / Eng TinyRobot
      OP
      That's a great point. Thank you for chiming in. I agree.
      Nov 6
  • Cisco / Eng t2d5aze
    For a 40k raise i would take it. You will find challenges at ever place. Just take the leap.
    Nov 6 0
  • JUUL Newboo
    Accept. Build on opportunities- biggest reason to do so is regret at having lost it. With M&A there are so many hoops, the promotion, customers and job satisfaction will continue to be uncertain in the foreseeable future. So, take what you have on offer and build off of that.
    Nov 6 0
  • VMware lftl00
    If you don’t see yourself growing or learning anything, then just make a move.
    Nov 6 0
  • eBay ebayebay
    My friend joined Zulily last month seems some teams doing great work and culture is good. If compensation is good you should join
    Nov 10 0

Salary
Comparison

    Real time salary information from verified employees