Please keep the discussion civil.
We already know both sides -
Why should Indian citizens wait for years because of the quota. It's not a genuine candidates fault that the system is broken.
Why should RoW because India has a huge population coming over?
I'm indian and I'm biased ofcourse for it to pass. Hear me out before you dismiss my point of view. I'm a genuine candidate who has been here for 10 years, still on h1B and life feels unsettled without a GC. Honestly anyone who is not an Indian doesn't know what an Indian on h1B goes through. It feels like a permanent limbo. At the very least the system needs to change to merit based regardless of race, religion. Why should people like me be punished because few companies from India abused the system, also legally by exploring the loophole btw. Who's fault is it? I was in my teens when they started doing this ofcourse legally. You can throw those abusive candidates out for all I care. It's every man for himself in this.
As an example, Why are there more electoral college votes in California compared to Maryland?
Because the size and population of California is higher than Maryland. It's the same God damn thing.
Anyway, just my 0.02$. There is no need to be racist towards Indians, if you have any other point than what I mentioned above I'd like to hear it. If not, not typing anything is more than welcome.
Please keep the discussion civil.
- LinkedIn WienerWhy do people pretend that Chinese support this bill? 100% of all Chinese I know want this bill to fail.
- OP did you seriously not know that S386 will increase wait time for every else for up to 10 years ?
- @op don’t bucket Chinese into this. This will only benefit me Indians. Chinese wait times would actually increase.
- For everyone telling to change the polll. Once the poll is created, it cannot be edited and please explain how are the Chinese citizens being hurt with this bill. ELI5 because I don't see a downside for the Chinese.
- Here is a quick HR1044/S386 Myth buster:
1. "Wait times for everyone except Indians will become 10+ years."
WRONG! This comes from a CATO post that used a bunch of worst case estimates of 650k backlogged Indians assuming each applicant has 2+ dependents (most Indians have American kids who don't need GC). It also assumes ZERO dropouts (thousands of Indians leave this broken system every year).
The original source was really trying to highlight the plight of Indians. These fear mongers happily converted the pre-bill wait times to post bill wait times and have been trying to spook everyone.
4 years of added delay timer runs **in parallel** with regular process so real added delay could even be in months! Definitely not in decades! (contrast that with 150 year wait time for Indians in the queue without the bill)!
2. "US tech force will lose diversity"
- Employment category makes up a measly 10% of all green cards issued!
- Indians the largest beneficiary make up 0.97% of US population. Even with all backlog cleared, their percentage can barely scratch 2%!
- These are existing people waiting in queue for decades, not newcomers so you can't destroy diversity with existing workforce.
3. "Flood gates will open and Indians and Chinese will flood all jobs"
REALLY REALLY HARD: GC process currently forces employers to prove that local talent is unavailable for every new applicant, so with this bill people will get mobility, making it harder to justify new alien hires. The reason it is so easy to justify today, is because of the backlog. When folks move TC goes up for ALL!!
TLDR: S386 WILL NOT SCREW ANYONE!
- Don't have the slightest idea of how green cards in the EB category work do ya?
First step is PERM where an employer has to *convince* the dept of labor that a local American or green card holding replacement is unavailable for an applicant.
Right now proving that is pretty easy because of the damn backlog!
Once the backlogged folks get mobility, they will qualify to apply for the open positions making newer GC applications harder to justify.
Guess what this will result in .. yup.. higher TC for ALL!
Flagged by the community.
- If only Indians can not bring their cheap tricks of pulling others down to US .. they will be more welcome. For now.. sorry but you need to learn a lot indians
- No, it shouldn't. The goal of s386 is to "spread the pain"