TOP 15 Comments
- Google King KaiMost large tech companies exhibit some kind of communism: 20% of the staff makes 90% of the money and subsidizes the perks and pay for everyone.
- I like this observation. A couple others:
- engineers are relatively exchangeable, and ideas/execution can be rewarded, but the “internal market” for funding of efforts and the liquid talent pool means that ultimately it’s fair to compensate everyone approx the same
- next big idea is deemed important for survival so culture of reinvestment while not dinging those who take risks is good
Funny though that this can align so directly with the belief that capitalism requires socialism (with differing amounts of each at various scales...)
- Facebook / EngGkurhhdmorePropaganda posters and new art in Facebook definitely remind me Soviet Union. Also narrow mindness of acceptable public opinions.