So many people complaining about difficult dating sceneDec 5, 2018
Is there something fundamentally wrong in our society ? Men complain about not being able to find good women and women complain the other way round.
Is it about setting expectations incorrectly ?
Is this a drawback of diversity of thoughts?
- eBay Lol eBaWith apps we have too many options. Everyone is scared to settle when something better could just be a swipe away.
- “Ladies if you’re not willing to suck yo man’s dick, there’s a raggedy b***h who will and we’ve got her number.” - Katt Williams
Some truth in that sentiment though. Lot of people demanding stuff from their partner (not just sex) without wanting to give anything in return. People don’t want to WORK at a relationship anymore there’s just this feeling of “oh it should just BE right I shouldn’t have to work at it.”
- Lighten up Francis. 🙄 crack a joke about men not going down and people applaud. Crack a joke about women not doing it and out come the pitchforks. You want to talk about backwards ways, women don’t need white knights to defend them anymore.
And if you’re a woman and the joke hit a little too close to home, go listen to the whole sketch - he goes off plenty on men failing to make an effort too.
- I feel like it was easy in the olden days. Gender based roles - girls had to look good and produce children and guys had to earn bread. Unfair but simple.
Now it’s like everyone wants everything.
- The gender ratio is fucked in the Bay area.
According to this Reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/bayarea/comments/a2xcst/malefemale_ratios_for_bay_area_counties_2017_data/ ) based on 2017 census data
Sex Ratio for Single, Never Married Adults, Ages 25-34
Alameda, Ratio: 1.192, M: 90,821, F: 76,206
Marin, Ratio: 1.632, M: 8,598, F: 5,267
San Francisco, Ratio: 1.191, M: 79,842, F: 67,029
San Mateo, Ratio: 1.349, M: 39,000, F: 28,914
Santa Clara, California, Ratio: 1.555, M: 104,928, F: 67,481
- Snapchat MatM61Take a look at the ok Cupid blog posts. Women's standards of attractiveness are becoming increasingly strict.
- You? We're all slaves on the same ship. We think they're paying us for our talent but they're actually taking our lives.
- Some of these folks are immature and unrealistic, and are making excuses for not being ready to settle down.
Others are complaining because it’s something that everyone complains about, and they think it’s good for bonding.
- Number of single people actively seeking for date is very low in tech dominated cities. For one, tech people are not that into it.
Further, the ratio of men to women in tech is atrociously skewed towards men. These tech folks still complain that women should not come in via diversity which makes the current ratio unchanged.
Also, most of demographics in tech is that many are already married or are from a country where dating is not as frequent as US. Add that many of these people are not willing to date or marry outside of their circle (country or race). In some cultures, parents can play more role in deciding the spouse and they may not like if spouses are from a different background (this is true for even some American parents as well). That reduces a pool dramatically. Tech world favors people who can find their partner from their home countries where future spouses are willing to go and live in a different country.
- Tech doesn't quite have the allure of banking in NYC....most attractive women arent looking for high IQ in unstable industry.
And for money as a allure, other professions have higher TC and prestige than tech. Tech bros better get professionally organized like NFL and Doctors to market and protect.