Can anyone here speak to the compensation at Spotify? Are they good with matching competing offers? And looking down the road, how are they with raises? I am currently ~2 years out of school and going through the interview process.
The work there looks very interesting and I know the culture is a blast. I would absolutely love to work at Spotify, but would hate to take a paycut.
- Spotify RLQy16Compensation is below market. No raises or bonuses in general unless your manager really pushes for you. The average target "raise" is 3%.
- Spotify definitely lowballs, but if you negotiate, they're surprisingly responsive. My comp is $200k+ but would have been a lot lower if I hadn't played hard to get or leveraged other employers' interest in me.
I think I lot of young new grads just can't believe they have the opportunity to work for a "cool" company and will take whatever offer they're given without question.
- The big problem is TC. Just the salary number is sometimes not bad, especially for incoming hires, if you negotiate well. But TC is way lower than at other tech companies of similar size/status because the stock package sucks and will probably continue to.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Microsoft ShrimpsI’m currently a senior with $240k TC going through interviews. You guys reckon Spotify will match my pay?
- I can see it being possible at a senior level, depending on how you factor in the options package in your TC. Spotify doesn't guarantee yearly options/bonus, but if you're a high performer you should be able to regularly get that (probably worth another 20k to your TC, maybe more depending on impact?)Apr 26, 20180
- Spotify / EnggoalzMy salary comp is north of 170k with a 400k cost basis for options. I'm a 2.5 but negotiated/played hard to get with my TA. My raise this year was only 3%, sadly.
I joined a year ago, too, if that helps.