Does somebody here have a hair loss problem?
I noticed I started losing my hair pretty intensively, I can see it on my desk, bathroom etc, I noticed it even before but it was very rare and just a little and I assumed that was a normal process.
What can be a reason? Stress, age (early 30s), vitamins deficiency or something else?
Does somebody here have a hair loss problem?
- Let me save you the trouble. You’re going bald. It happens. Rogain foam 5% right now to slow it down. Skip the bonor killing man boob propecia. Don’t mess with your hormones.
There’s a shit ton of gimmicks that don’t work but is designed to steal thousands of dollars from you. Forget all of it. Apart from a few things, it’s all shit. Nizoral shampoo is a must.
Stick with rogain for a few years. Eventually balding wins. When it’s advanced enough, talk to a hair transplant doctor about options. There’s an awesome one in Los Gatos. But don’t rush this option.
When it’s thin enough, buzz your head. Wear it with pride. Go though the 5 stages of grief.
Apart from rogain to slow it down and a semi positive result of hair transplant surgery to give you a permanent cancer patient survivor look, nothing else works. Wait for a cure like everyone else and accept the realities of it all.
- Haha in the same boat. I used rogaine for 5 years. Slowed it but couldn't win. Right now I'm buzzed. I use regenepure instead of nizoral. Look up r/tressless. I also started dermarolling. Its okay, I have hustled but lost in the end. Pretty much accepted that other than hair transplant there's nothing else I can do. Balding is an eventuality. No worries. I'm in shape and have a full beard.
- Yes. This is the proven process to buy you time. Time to accept it. Time to grow a beard and go buff hipster with the look. Time to find a wife before it gets much harder. Time to let your ego break and embrace the new you.
Transplants may work great. They may not. But accept the possibility that you’ll look like a cancer patient with a ear to ear scar on the back of your heard or look like someone shot you in the back of the head with a shot gun spray (FUE bs FUT).
- Don't think FUEs cause scarring. Yes I need to find a wife. That's all, after that I don't need to give any fucks. Online dating is tough if you're balding but that's the hand I am dealt, make the best of it. I'm actually neck training so make my head look smaller. It sounds bizarre but it will get you to look buff.Jul 2 1
- FUEs can still scar. They’re just smaller and less visible. I saw one guy that was the outlier in this. Had hundreds of small round scars on the donor area and was still bald on top from an ineffective transplant. It’s rare, but it happens.
This is why I just cut it all off.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Why aren’t you mentioning genetics? White ppl lose hair like no other. Asians don’t (see current president of China and current president of Philippines, they r 60, 70+ years old and full head of thick hair, he’s the same age as trump and has way more hair) You listed a bunch of shit to prevent but failed to mention that 70% of it is genetic and there isn’t much you can do about it short of getting a hair transplant (see Elon musk). (Or take that drug that blocks DHt but then the risk is u might not get hard in bed. Nothing comes for free. Cannot fight Mother Nature. )Jul 2 1
- Uber john_listEarly 30s is standard age for male hair loss. Look around at guys and you will see it’s like 50-50 of men 30 and up who have noticeable thinning. Most people around you wouldn’t notice it until it gets really bad. The only people who notice it ironically enough are other self conscious balding men, lol.
- So many diagnosis being provided here. If its balding its inevitable but can be delayed by anti dht treatments. If its vitamins/cortisol related can be checked and stopped. Get a blood test and stop asking here imo
- OFI Global / Design ZZZ999i started shaving my head in my early 20’s, and i’m more confident now that i’ve ever been in my life. a few words of advice if the thinning accelerates: avoid r/tressless like the plague and go on r/bald instead. lots of doctors recommend propecia but i never trusted it, i think it’s better to accept your genes and find confidence in that. and if you shave your head accept that fewer women will be attracted to you at first glance but those that are into you will see confidence and self assurance
- Uber zhdbwbSee a doctor, my non-scientific anecdata - started losing hair a few years ago and lowering stress significantly stopped it. Touch wood it doesn’t recur.
- ViaSat / Eng sloteAll the advances we are making in DNA/RNA science, but still nothing to solve baldness :-(
- Amazon oeajxy7Most of the times hair loss is normal. To make you feel better:
Apart from other remedies stop taking stress and make sure you don't wash hair with hard water.
- Boeing ySWB75Yes, stress, diet, etc could cause hair loss. But the big factor here is genetics. If your father is bald, most likely you will be too. Although sometime it skips a generation.
That said, there are ways to slow it down. Keep washing your hair regularly. Oily scrap keeps hairs from growing and eventually kills it. Rogaine can help too but it could be costly on the long run and it doesn’t work for everyone. Surgery such as moving your existing hairs from the back of your scalp to the front is another option.