Strange experience with resume writers. Is this common?
I have been trying for a job over the few months. My resume never even made through to consideration. I figured I needed some professional help to at least get past ATS. I submitted a proposal request through LinkedIn and got five responses (LinkedIn limits responses to 5). Not being happy with those I reached out to another six or seven writers separately. Four of them responded. Altogether 9.
These are the types of responses I received:
* 7 out of 9 sent what I would call a “canned” response with their pricing and different types of resume they could do
* one of the remaining 2 asked for my current resume, gave some critique and then gave their pricing and different types of resumes they do. Apparently they only work via email and no phone calls
* the last one said they would talk to me first before deciding how to move forward. I am yet to talk to them
So here’s my questions:
- Isn’t this exactly opposite of what they would advise people to do? Not send canned responses?
- Why the heck would I be interested in different types of resume? My interest is what’s relevant for me and my career.
- How would someone create a resume for you without even talking to you?
Maybe they are way too busy to care. Can’t believe resume writers are so much in demand!