Support by signing this - it takes only 20 seconds of your time.
1. Enter name, email
2. Verify your signature via email link.
- Yahoo tgbvSorry to sound negative but petitions rarely work, H4 EAD is a band-aid that is hiding bigger problem of Green card backlog for Indian applicants, We should aim to solve real problem which can be addressed by removing per country limit on Green cards, look at bill HR 1044 and see how you could help pass it.
- Cognizant jha kaashYou are absolutely right. Sadly no one understands that. My friends have their wives working for years on h4 ead. All are circulating this useless petition . But when I ask them to come to ground and do real time advocacy, they all run away. They will be happy doing panipuri parties and never attend their local representatives townhalls .. sad state of our own pplMar 141
- Honestly I do not see HR1044 being passed anytime this year or next. It’s just way low in the priority ladder for the US government. So I don’t really see it being brought to the floor for voting anytime soon.
In that light H4 EAD is much more than a bandaid. It’s an interim measure which protects the right to work for highly qualified citizen in the making.
- Google / OtherfbFf44Sorry to be pedantic : US government doesn't pass laws 🙂 it's the house and senate, with a sign from president.
Unlike India where the execute and legislative are tightly tied together, US is so different. Your statement just confirms to me you are making this statement without knowing how bills pass, nor with any deep insight on why you think it won't pass6d0
- I won't support this. Taking stupid jobs from Americans is no fun for anyone
“Taking jobs away from Americans is not fun”
I just feel that that’s quite a reckless and ill researched statement. If you really want no one to take away jobs from Americans, then you should really urge your government to simply ban all forms of immigration. That’s the only sure fire way by which no one will take jobs away from Americans.
But the banning of immigration would bring us to an interesting question. What sense does it make to ban immigration in a country that was built on immigration.
That also raises the question of ethics:
Your gov has legally allowed some 60k people/year to work in highly specialized fields. These people are not automatons. They are human beings with rights, families and such. One cannot say “we want you to work in our country but we don’t really care about your family”. (Btw the same gov allows L1 spouses to work).
In my opinion banning of H4 EADs is unethical and illegal because it is a serious violation of fundamental human rights.
- I submit the issue is not Immogration. The issue is that companies have been empowered to act like de facto immigration agencies. We know this because the US government started to rely on self attestation - accepting paperwork and rubber stamping visas.
The second issue is competition. The US government has a responsibility to put up walls to prevent lazy managers from displacing local workers.
Like I said, the only sure fire way of America first is to completely stop immigration. Go ahead , urge your gov to do that.
But you can’t have people legally come here and then fuck with their lives in the name of America first. That IS unethical and IS illegal.
Note: before quoting statistically irrelevant stuff like “h4ead working in grocery stores”, come up with some valid numbers.
Well I think the immigration system is flawed. And needs to be corrected. That includes all forms of work visas and how companies (mis)use them. But then again, one cannot take it out on people who the gov has legally allowed to apply and come in. Let them have a life while you fix the root cause.