Sweden Spotify offer with 57K SEK , 6 YOEDec 1, 2018
Got an offer from Spotify Sweden for 57K SEK / month with 6 YOE.
Try to negotiate with HR, it seems they are quite strict about the offer.
It slightly lower from what I earn (58K SEK), but considering the 6 months **full paid** maternity leave, it definitely can compensate the gap.
Also considering company brand, maybe it will also a good investment in resume wise (?).
Take it or leave it?
- Lol, that was an honest mistake. Well, the Good Developers with 6 YOE in India easily make SEK57K a month, even if you multiply by exchange rates and don't factor PPP.
57K SEK * 12 = £66K annual which still is not too cool when compared to what developers get in Bay Area or Bangalore
- It is fun to visit. You will enjoy the food. Just stay away from traditional swedish food (meatballs etc). Great fish, very high quality and authentic ethnic food of all kinds (surprising, I know). Stockholm is nice to visit (good amount to see: views, museums, buildings). Try to go in warmer weather ofcourse to make the best of it.Dec 1, 20182
- So that would translate to $75k a year before tax?
This might be the going rate in Stockholm but wow, that’s low compared to CoL.
- Don't be surprise with the median. Check here
- How do you guys afford living there with these kinds of wages especially after taxes? Do people never eat out and only buy bare necessities? Also heard in Europe you guys love to travel, but how can you do so on those wages unless you only stay at hostels or go to third world cheap destinations?
- That's what is about average for Spotify Stockholm, and is competitive-ish in the market. Same is true in NYC, decently competitive to local market. HR is making steps to improve compensation at most tech levels to be at a higher competitive point
- Hard to say, I think in a couple years time it will be a very solid point. What you learn while here depends on what mission and squad you're on. Some are working on very impactful eng works, while others wouldn't help you level up much. But it's also self driven in that regards
- The problem in Stockholm is that there is such a shortage in housing that it’s almost impossible to get a flat unless you’ve been in a queue for 20 years or you buy your own place.
If those are not options, then you’ll have to go sublet under the table and those rents run you way past 10k.
- The 6 months in Sweden is not a spotify perk, that’s a country perk. Parents also get a total of 18 months combined. How you and your SO break that up is up to you.
- No, you are wrong. Sweden only paid only 80% up to 37917 SEK.
Check here for the details.