0: Google, Facebook, Netflix
1: Uber, Airbnb, Apple, LinkedIn
2. Dropbox, Lyft, Square
3: Microsoft, Amazon, Pinterest, Twitter, Slack, Stripe
4: Salesforce, Yelp, Bloomberg, Adobe, Box, Tesla, Indeed, Splunk
5: Zillow, Oracle, IBM, VMWare, SAP, Twilio, Tableau, Glassdoor, Walmart Labs
6: Everything else
Based on TC, annual refreshers, benefits, career opportunities and prestige.
0: Google, Facebook, Netflix
- This list is cracked out. Not even shilling for Apple here or whatever (don’t @ me) but Pinterest, Slack = AWS? Adobe on the same level as YELP? Tesla in tier 4?? No nvidia? Get the fuck out of here.
Also Facebook is a garbage company, with a garbage product and shit tier prestige. Fight me.
- Amazon 🍪cuttermoreSquare, Lyft, Dropbox? LOL. What is this a wish list of higher TCs? If that’s the case then Twitter can beat your number 1 and SAP shouldn’t even be on this list. Prestige wise I will rate Microsoft and Amazon at number 1 - going by 15 years in tech, I can tell big companies and higher technical bar matters. The tech bar at FAANG is well established so no question I will hire person from the same bucket (FAANG).
- Amazon blipeeeUber leadership would disagree with your sentiment of Amazon. Secondly, we have over 600k+ employees so there are bound to be edge cases; we mitigate that by constantly pruning our workforce. So occasional subpar candidate may get in but I can guarantee you they won’t last. Hence over a certain horizon quality of talent at Amazon always grows higher and more competitive.Apr 17 6
- Tintri cknW65Well it's also based on growth opportunities too. I have few folks at Microsoft Seattle just doing the same kind of work and plus it seems their hiring bar went a little low recently. On the other hand, Amazon's Ads and Aws hiring bar is rising and folks seems to solve complex challenging problems out there with good total TC.
- Uber hunchgumLol. I got an offer from both Amazon and an Amazon subsidiary. Not only were the interviews the easiest, but the offers were the lowest.
I don’t have any hatred for Amazon, but just because you guys have solid products and operate at a large scale does not mean that the perks, pay, and interview difficulty aren’t consistently reported to be (relatively) low compared to other top tech companies.
The point is, if Amazon is clamoring for people and is the easiest to get hired into out of a list of 10 companies, then it’s the least prestigious out of that list.
Does that mean it isn’t prestigious AT ALL and doesn’t beat MOST companies? No. Does that mean they don’t do good work? No. Does that mean it’s not prestigious relative to other top companies? Yes.
- Lyft is running on AWS because they weren't smart enough to do the data center work themselves. Why would they rank higher than Amazon?
- Lol you should read the posts above. People want to come at me first on my own post, talk shit about my company tag because they have literally nothing else to go on, and then tell me not to talk shit. No, fuck you. I won't update my tag cause idgaf about your opinion.
- Airbnb should be tier 0. Biggest offers right now, profitable, and hiring bar is insanely high.
- Amazon 772&!:$$Dude who gives a fuck just go to where you get the best offer and have the most fun
- Microsoft FucMatlabThe companies leading in charge of AI are MS & Google, the only two companies with Quantum research.
Also “war machine”?? What??? That research has been going on for a while through Raytheon, DOD through academia etc. By the time industry gets involved in any govt plans, the project has already been long researched on the academic side, NSF hello!!
Also what??? You realize top level researchers are at every major industry research department. Good lord, you’re obviously not a PhD with a statement like that.
- New / Eng aprg4I like how seriously people take these lists. As long as you’re happy where you are, none of this matters. None of the people on here are really responsible for the reason why X company has a certain reputation or market presence.
What you can or cannot say about Microsoft is completely irrelevant to this thread.
Are you seriously suggesting that a SWE at Southwest would be viewed as favorably as a swe at Google by the tech industry?
I can assure you, you'd get many many more messages because of the industry reputation of Google engineers, and the Google hiring bar.
If you want to work at Southwest you're free to do so, but unless you are new to blind your know that for most people in the tech industry hold a much higher regard for those who work so FANGApr 18 2
- American Express uktg07It’s kind of pathetic how some of you guy’s world rests upon where you work. It’s almost like you have nothing more going for you than your job. It’s your only source of validation. It’s really sad and pathetic on many fronts. And yes, I’ve been in talks with Amazon and Google recruiters before someone tries to rag on my current company.
- Comcast ichibanWhere’s Dunder Mifflin Paper company? Top employer of Greater Scranton area
- Hey at salesforce we might not get paid as much, but we have the biggest... tower.
- Google is falling to level 1 with their offers. Apple is maybe a 1 but is stalling as of late with innovation and although Square, Lyft and Dropbox are all solid names, there is absolutely no way their prestige is higher than Amazon or even Salesforce or Microsoft.
- Doesn’t matter. The refreshers more than make up for it. There’s no crappy TCT concept that will keep your 4 years TC constant.
Also, if you have competing offers, Google does roll out strong offers.
I think Google realised they don’t have to pay insane dollars to lure people to join them and hence this trend.
- Amazon / Other yvrzonianI'm interviewing elsewhere already. I literally got no raise if I consider inflation into the TC calculation.
During the past 15 years my annual raises have at least met the inflation at the very least. Not so with this year's Amazon PCS. Sorry guys, but I'm not stupid.
- I love all the hate. And people ask why we think people are jealous or why we think we’re above others. It’s because some people here react so negatively when someone says something nice about us. Haters gonna hate.
This isn’t surprising in regards to Glassdoor. In general, our internal culture is strong and people love working here. We offer the best in industry when it comes to comp, benefits and perks. We hire the best. And despite the haters b+tching about some media spin, people internally know what we actually do, how we work and the truth. If that makes you mad, send me your tears and anger.
I myself have been here for quite some time and know our developer platforms well. The media spin, particularly by NYTimes, is amazingly biased. And I’m one who loved and respected NYT before.
- We disagree :P https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/top-companies-2019-where-india-wants-work-now-editors-india-
- As an Indian, I knew you'll not admit your problems but simply finger point.
There is a need for India filter for many reasons
1. Content is very wierd especially when it comes to relationships/marriages. Indians are very supetficial here and seem to care more about lineage and money
2. Poorly phrased questions and comments
3. Content not relevant to rest of the blind users
And please, Indians are way more racist than Trump. You have no moral rights to whine about racismApr 19 0
- 1. I have no idea why u keep complaining about relationships in a tech forum.. did something happen? is this your outlet?.. remember time heals.
2. Very valid reason for hate
3. I am not representing India, I am representing 'me' and all of your comments show bias and anger towards a race, not this post or me.
I am pretty sure you are a Indian, I don't know what messed you up.. family?, boyfriend?, whatever the reason the hate is evident.
I hope Trump kicks you back to India.Apr 20 0
- Lol no, nothing at all. Just fun to see how some people are so insecure that they're triggered by the slightest criticism of India.
But considering the number of people who agreed with me, there has to be some truth to it 😊
1. I meant Indians post very wierd questions about relationships and marriage. I like I discovered my wife likes to spend more blah blah. Noone else posts such dumb questions.
3. I don't care for appeasing any race. And I've been bitterly critical of whites and blacks too. Most Indians don't notice it, and whine of bias every time I criticize India.Apr 20 0