At some point in time, a very important service that the team works with was named "Mons."
Mons is a part of the female anatomy. I don't know if my team is aware of this.
The service is so important that it is mentioned a few dozen times a day and referenced many, many times in our documentation.
What the fuck.
EDIT: I asked them if it stands for something, and they had no idea.
As opposed to a service like SCope Recognition Optics Telephoning Ultimate Mediator, where it'd be like "okay, you named it scrotum, but at least you could give me a good reason"
- Amazon JesozBSo what's wrong with it? A quick Google brings about 5 other relevant uses of this word including a city and a Volcano before the anatomical reference is mentioned.
- To be honest your comparison of scrotum and Mons isn't fair and you kind of proved my point for me. Scrotum, dick, balls are very well known with respect to their links to male anatomy. Whereas Mons is fairly unknown or unheard of. Its not a word like c**nt or other more commonly used words to refer to female anatomy. So in all probability when the team chose that name they perhaps did mean Volcano or a city. Just because you know another meaning of that word which has quite different meaning should give you amusement and not offence.
I speak 3 languages. Often I come across names of services or things in English which have such a different and often rude meaning in another language. The exact same word I mean. Doesn't give me a right to get offended or moan about it.
That's just my opinion though. Feel free to call me whatever you might want to call me. Chances are I won't understand your insults anyway 😜Jan 410
- ^ And even Google agrees - search for Mons and none of the top 5 are about anatomy. Search for Scrotum and it's the first result - so it's not a valid analogy. Even Mons as an anatomy first refers to the base of fingers in your hand. The sexual term is actually "Mons pubis". Stop exaggerating. You just have a perverted mind OP, admit it 😉Jan 47
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Who said anything about feminism? It’s not offensive to only one gender and it’s hardly a women’s rights issue. But thanks for displaying your MRA card, now I don’t have to just assume you get ghosted after first dates, I know for a fact it’s true. Resolve to show some empathy and maturity in the new year.
- DoNeedful! You are a troll. You are unecessarily dragging on this insane argument just to prove your point which is pretty much as dumb as you appear to be.
I have met and suffered people like you in meetings and discussions who simply don't get Disagree and Commit. You aren't trying to find out "what's right", you are trying to prove "I am right".
Yes anyone can be offended. Especially people like you who get offended by anyone and anything. And on that note - https://youtu.be/ceS_jkKjIgo
Now please do the needful GTFO and kindly do not revert back.
- Idiot @DoNeedful - no Mons is not associated with female anatomy in it's general sense, idiot. Go learn. This is why when you Google search it, the sexual reference is literally 5 results down. Not so for the word intercourse, so wrong example, turd. Stop lowering the bar at Amazon and get PIPed already, scum.Jan 51
- And @lvd11 - the Googler who is SO COMMITTED to the idea that mons is a totally non sexual term that he’s calling strangers scum and turd...that seems like a well adjusted healthy individual? That’s just banter? I’ve met that type of dude too many times that I can’t be so naive.
- Amazon / EngChad🕶A word bothers you that much? Grow up. You sound like a chick who hates the word "moist"
- I recall hearing conversations a few years back between developers on another team we shared the floor with. It sounded as if we at one point they had a service called “Grinder”. I believe they got rid of the name so maybe see if you can follow their lead.
- I agree. Let's ban that word if it offends somebody. Also while we are at banning party, ban all words starting with D. Just fucking ban them from official setting. They are super offensive, like 3 times more offensive than Mons.
- VMware BobbleHatWe should ban the letter e. It sounds like the last half of a derogatory female anatomy word. My team keeps saying this sound. I am not sure if they are aware how offensive this is. A ban and training is required.