IS there anyone on blind who isn't an engineer who is working in this industry that can give us insight about what they do on the daily? Anyone from Marketing, Sales, Ops, Retail? How are things? How's your TC?
TOP 9 Comments
- MetroPCS Communications / Mktg blindmetroI'm in field marketing. Been with the company for 10 years on the metro side. At this moment we are going through a transition of TMO bringing us truly under their org and mimicking the way they do things. TC is about 110k in a major market. We manage everything from local sponsorships to dealer marketing, digital, experiential, etc. OOH and Radio are being taken away and moved totally under corporate. Also, still waiting for the merger to see how everything shakes out but we've heard in the future we will be responsible for multiple brands in the field.
- T-Mobile gogogo05more🙋🏻♀️ I can!
I work in ops, been with the company for 8.5 years with 5.5 of those in ops. TC is $137/yr.
My current day to day is a little skewed, as I’m working on integration which has been a beast of a project. Prior to working on that, I was focused on transformational projects - launching new systems for our customers, creating process efficiencies for our sales teams, etc.
- Do you work from home ? @DDM2K
We gave up the shift diff when home Based was presented so yeah 10% loss is tough but hey it’s working at home
- We are allowed to work from home 1 day per week. And if we work an evening shift, the shift diff is still paid.
Not sure about full time WFH assignments as there aren’t any in our department (yet?). I have seen some jobs Verizon advertised as work from home right off the bat, in the job description. They were customer care, shift differential wasn’t specified.Jun 30 0
- My title says engineer because.... my title says engineer! But I’m not a SWE, I’m not a “planning” or design engineer. I am an engineer in repair.
I am hourly, I make $43/hr, eligible for OT, 2.0x above 50 hours. It’s cyclical but plentiful and voluntary. I live in a low CoL area (SE US).
It has been determined that my group, according to our director, has been attempted to be outsourced many times but global switching operations, for security reasons, cannot be offshored.
I log into 5ESS, DMS, EWSD type TDM switches for long distance calls to troubleshoot call completion issues for our enterprise customers and wholesale carriers who hand their calls off to us.
We also diagnose audio issues and packet loss across the network. Run outages, link customer tickets to parent tickets for known outages. Most of our job is in ticketing and email. Rarely any phone calls. Average 1 a day? Some days none.
I love it. M-F shift work. 2nd shift for me. 10% evening diff.
- I’m a home Based agent HBA 8-12hr days w overtime senior level global tech support so I’m well insulated and focus on troubleshooting device and network errors. Dealing with our own system errors and isp issues are challenging at times . Working from home is very nice 👍🏼