Democratic Socialism makes people happy and cheerful
- Trump is a disgusting xenophobe. Denmark is enlightened, and very different. Why? Easy, it’s Denmark and they have democratic socialism. Everything there is better, and everything in the US is terrible.
- I’m being sarcastic.
The reality is that Europe is far more racist and xenophobic than the USA, and the USA is more liberal towards immigration. But the European politicians like to claim moral superiority (where none exists) over the USA at all times despite their own terrible track record. And left wing people in the US love pointing to Denmark as an example of success despite that very few have ever set boots on the ground there. How Denmark became popularized as a shining example of liberal policies when they are more racists and anti-immigrant than the USA boggles my mind, it stems from ignorance.Dec 7, 20181
- They’ve been known as racists in Europe but this is just so extreme! They are doing the same thing Hitler did to jews.
- This is awesome. The U.S. should have something similar for illegal aliens.
- Fuck Denmark, it’s a hell, even for highly skilled migrants that their government invites. They are so openly racist that their government doesn’t know what to do with vacant positions while companies don’t hire immigrants just due to racism! Yeah happiest place on earth, just like the white population in States before slavery was abolished.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- TI CantCatchM$115M is a lot of money to spend on people they don't want in their country.
- To be honest no I didn’t read it. But I wasn’t referring to a per-person basis anyway. Also full disclaimer - both my parents were immigrants and I believe immigration to be a net positive.
That being said, I understand the opposition. It’s estimated to cost the US between $45 billion at the low end to nearly $300 billion at the high end.
My “order of magnitude” statement was a seat of the pants comparison between $45,000,000,000 and $115,000,000. To make that easier to read, I’ll chop off some zeros.
My off-the-cuff remark make more sense now?
- Facebook Wert965I don’t see how this is related to democratic socialism- misleading headline