- Bank of The West GSWmoreFox and unbiased cant be used in single sentence, will pass reading this...
- lol you are a complete moron. It literally says OPINION at the top of the article.
- Nobody is free from bias, but there's a difference between having a bias and deliberately obfuscating facts / outright lying.
I lean left and my parents are hardcore right wingers. They're also very religious (nothing wrong with that; I'm Christian too... I bring it up because it's applicable to my post).
Anyway, their only source of newa is Fox News. I've wondered for the past 2 years how they can possibly support Trump, given that he lies constantly, is about as un-Christian as you can get, has multiple credible allegations of sexual harassment and assault (including against minors) and so on.
Then a few months ago I made a comment about "alternative facts" and my Mom had no idea what I was talking about. I started asking her if she's heard other things that are common knowledge, like Trump saying, "I moved in her like a *itch." She hadn't heard any of it, and didn't even seem to believe that it happened. She made comments about fake news, etc.
That's when it struck me... She supports Trump because she has no idea who he really is. All she knows is the Fox News garbage that makes him out to be the persecuted hero who's taking down the deep state, blah blah blah. When something does break through the bubble she just claims that Obama did it too (usually he didn't, but even if he did it doesn't matter... If you hate Obama so much then wouldn't you want the guy you voted for to not do those same things?).
The point is, Fox News isn't just biased, they are deliberately acting as propagandists for right wing policies. And THAT is the problem. If you have bias then fine... Just report the news and let people make their own decisions.
P. S. - And For Christ's sake stop calling every other news agency the "mainstream media." Fox News is the definition of mainstream media. Last I heard some of their hosts have the highest rated news shows on television. So stop pretending that you're some sort of persecuted minority. You're not.
- @MDBW53 Regarding minors, I was speaking more about harassment than assault (though I do understand that is a blurry line at best). Anyway, previous contenders in teem beauty pageants said he frequently walked in on them with no warning in various states of undress. IMHO that qualifies as harassment, and I think one could make a strong argument that it goes beyond harassment, especially for a minor.4d0
- New LogorhythmHow is fox unbiased?? Front page right now “dems bungle stupidest federal shutdown in history”??? That unbiased to you? Even nyt with its liberal slant doesn’t go that far
Flagged by the community.
- New / HRandrewsaucmoreWe could at least agree that Opinion entails bias no? No matter how left or right you are you would have to agree on the definition of each word. Otherwise, where’s your credibility OP and all you right wingers trying to back up his “opinion” that this “opinion” article isn’t biased? Lol 😂
- Philips GarilussFor clarification, did you mean it ironically? That’s how I took it when I first saw “unbiased” and Fox.