The rich are only defeated when running for their livesJan 5
The French Yellow Vests are out again in force this weekend. The populist fury against a self-serving ruling class is still going strong in the EU, which makes me wonder why there are no similar protests in the US.
In my experience, the deafening silence in the United States is because of the lack of class consciousness on its political left. With the exception of Occupy Wall Street, the American left has been so preoccupied with an endless race to the bottom in the two party ‘culture wars’ it is unable to comprehend an upheaval undivided by the contaminants of identity politics. A political opposition that isn’t fractured on social issues is simply unimaginable. This built-in self-destruction is EXACTLY what happened to the Women's March in the USA. Not to say the masses in France are exempt from the internal contradictions of the working class, but the fetishization of lifestyle politics in the U.S. has truly become its weakness.
Is a Yellow Vest type rebellion even possible in the US these days? If so, what would the official demands be?
- Amazon lolwhatThere was a time when The Left stood for wealth inequality and economic injustice. Now the American left stands only for Snowflake Justice Wars like preferred pronouns and enforced diversity. That's why there can be no Yellow Jacket style thing here. (Occupy movement was too mild compared to Yellow Jackets, and achieved absolutely nothing). They also cast out their last honest leader, Bernie, in favor of someone of the "better" gender who needs to prove her 1% Native American ancestry in order to get ahead in this SJW era.
- How about this... you’re a quasi-Nazi if you form or belong to a group or ideology based on enforcing social/economic/ethnic inequality because you think equality is not only impossible but it hurts your group’s mythic position at the top of the pyramid. And you march around attempting to intimidate people, beating up blacks and leftists and chanting “the Jews will not replace us”.
If you “misgender” someone then you are a person who made a faux-pas.
If you insist on not using the gender someone else has asked you to use them you are an asshole.Jan 62
- Oracle HoHoHouOMfG. Why you need a “revolution” in US? To request Universal HealthCare? Let break everything, destroy properties for something that has other ways to solve. Build the wall, restart the F. gov, put health care in the list.
- Are you kidding me, he's the one who revoked DACA in the first place! No court had struck down DACA.
Are you saying Trump didn't include restricting family immigration in his deal to restore DACA?
Sorry I don't know why I should trust you over Pew Research. Not all research is based on a census FYI. Maybe the Breitbart Research Center will help you.
- Trump tried to give all daca kids citizenship. Dems rejected it.
Family immigration (chain migration) is a different subject, and never should have been a thing to begin with. It’s how the Times Square bomber got into the country. It needed to be shut down.
Read the note at the bottom of the graph you sent.
- "Family immigration (chain migration) is a different subject, and never should have been a thing to begin with."
It's also how/why generations of immigrants moved here. Nobody is going to immigrate if it means leaving their family behind in a ditch.
Anyway well done. You just revealed that you are against legal immigration and that everything you were spouting about being an illegal was just a bunch a BS.
No point in continuing a discussion with someone who lies about their motives. Cheers.
- Docker / R&DSQL_Injectmore@Atinlay - Your statement is inaccurate.
Trump was offered $5bn for his border wall IN EXCHANGE for a DACA fix. He rejected the offer...
“Schumer offered trading a DACA fix for the border wall in January but then quickly rescinded when Trump didn't agree.”
- @Docker No, there was a time before this:
- Nopee. The right wingers start screaming socialist and attacking any person who even tries to talk about income equality and raising taxes on the rich. See AOC, Elizabeth Warren etc
- The left doesn’t care about class issues because the left consists of the richest people in the country. The left is in bed with the media, tech companies, Hollywood, and virtually all of DC. Most of the top 10 richest people in the country are democrats. It’s a costal, big city, boutique party that doesn’t just not care about the rest of the country, it considers the rest of the country their enemy
- They call for higher taxes just so that the DC people and insurance companies can get more rich. Bigger government objectively means that the people running the government get more money. That’s why they’re so enthusiastic about universal everything and love it when the clueless sheep at the bottom act as soldiers for themJan 55
- There aren’t currently protests like this because for the most part US politicians have divided people and convinced them that their problems are either their fault or it’s the fault of immigrants or poorer people.
The US working class is more “diverse” than the middle or rich classes. Inequality is also racialized in the US. So there’s no way to get rid of inequality without getting rid of structural racist policies. And racist policies aren’t the target of more liberal approaches to race (self-education) so a class-based approach to ending racism is needed. This is not new, this is what labor radicals in the 30s and 40s did.
- Jews and Asians definitely do better than Whites in the US. Not hard to show this.
“Asians overall rank as the highest earning racial and ethnic group in the U.S”
- Structural racism: Redlining, hiring practices, policing policies, urban austerity for public schools and services, etc. These policies hurt all poor people but end up hurting specific groups disproportionately (black, Latino, Native American, certain groups of Asians, or “white trash” depending on the area).
Racist politics are how the US sells crappy policies that hurt the poor. Most people on welfare were white, but Clinton and Regan talked about undeserving black people gaming the system in order to convince the public that it should be cut. Industry left the cities in the 70s and the politicians didn’t say... gee, 50% unemployment creates all sorts of social problems, we should fix unemployment... they said: oh look at these blacks/Latinos/white trash, no self-discipline, no work ethic, just want to sell drugs because they are lazy... let’s have the government discipline them and hire a small army to harass people for petty offenses.
Racism is how the US rulers keep their subjects powerless. If the cops treated everyone like they do to people in poor neighborhoods of big (mostly liberal btw) cities, then there would have been serious reform or mass revolt. Instead, repression can be compartmentalized. Build a military force for the drug war hysteria, but then when something like Occupy or a General Strike or Arab Spring happens in a US city you already have the means and training to take down a mass movement ready to go.
- Google l4fw9cThat's what Occupy Wall Street stood for.
Then it ate itself with nonsense like the progressive stack and faded away in obscurity.
- The “Conservative Movement®️” has convinced our under class that the real enemy is Mexico and anyone with darker skin. It was a brilliant move to keep the hoi paloi down.
- New ffffuuuuunWhat has "The Liberal Movement" done for the underclass?
Last time I checked, two terms of Obama and black people still live in dire poverty.
The trillions spent on war in the Middle East could have been used to help Americans but instead it has created the greatest refugee crisis since World War 2.
- I’m going to personally shoot anybody who starts any of that anarchy bs here.
I don’t care who you are or what you identify with politically. Wear anonymous masks and demand income equality burning cars in the streets.
I’m going to shoot you.