Mar 7 16 Comments
TOP 16 Comments
- LinkedIn segoeI have yet to find non extreme feminist. Feminism is a flawed concept, what we should be encouraging is equality. Feminism wants the convenience of respect but rarely i see fighting for the responsibility. Equality is fair where you get both the respect and the responsibility.
- I didn't read the entire article but I consider myself a feminist. Feminism isn't all about women, it's about equal opportunities for both men and women (and everyone else, irrespective of gender). Feminism also means doing all the things that women were not traditionally supposed to do - the power to make their financial decisions independently, the freedom to earn for the family, the empathy to share responsibility outside the household, and the courage to step into male-dominant careers. At the same time, feminism also means encouraging men to do things they weren't traditionally doing - like encouraging women to take their own decisions, making women comfortable in their male-dominant workplaces, providing an environment to grow in their careers, being emotionally-vulnerable, and sharing responsibilities within the household.
In short, it just means equity (not equality) for all. What I don't agree is the 'convenience of respect'. Respecting someone isn't a convenience you provide someone, it's something everyone should do by default because, well, it's just human.
There are women who fight for responsibility, I am sure you see them around you everywhere. The ones who don't or the ones who want more attention are just more vocal.Mar 73
- Procore tbradysuxsOPThe things that sucks about certain topics is that rarely do men feel comfortable speaking their minds on the subject in public for fear of being labeled sexist. Wish we could get to a point where people could speak their minds without fear of retribution.
- Procore tbradysuxsOPBelieve it or not the same can be said of the right. It’s just that most people on blind have never lived in an area that is super conservative. I have lived in Texas, Utah, Idaho, and Georgia and I have and I have felt the same feelings when trying to share a “liberal” opinion.
- Most of them antagonize men vs trying to improve their situation. That's the biggest difference between women who are striving to succeed and feminists
- Men and women dwell together. Unless men realize that they are pulling women down, not respecting them enough, and not providing them an environmental to grow, it would get extremely difficult to improve the overall situation. One cannot expect mankind to progress without involving 50% of the world, because feminism isn't just a female concept. Feminists are trying to succeed, not at the cost of men's success, but together with them.Mar 71