Let’s do this millionth time, Tier 1 considering pay, prestige, wlb, talent, benefits etc.
Here are my rankings
- Microsoft do_needfulWhat a shitty list. LinkedIn is a Tier 2? But Uber is a Tier 1? And Salesforce is a Tier 3?
- Uber / Engoklmaomoreuber is full of ex-google and ex-FB employees (I’m both). definitely deserves to be tier 1
- I don't think tiers make sense..If Microsoft will pay you 50k per year more than Google will you really choose Google over that offer?
- Lyft / EngGrumpyEMAirbnb should be in tier 1. Their offers are the best in the valley right now.
- Apple is not tier 1. Uber may be after IPO. Tier 2, I won't include Square or Pinterest or Robinhood - they are all good but not same as say LinkedIn or Airbnb. Reddit, Quora, IBM should not be in this list.
- if Microsoft and Amazon are tier 2, Salesforce should be it too. Better culture, WLB and often better pay.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Airbnb S1a7vwGoogle, Facebook, Apple and Uber are like tier 2 or 3. Big companies are usually less prestigious
- Expedia / EngPriceline.If Amazon and Microsoft is tier 2, then please put Salesforce as Tier 2 as well.