Timing pressure google

Microsoft tech29
Sep 14 7 Comments

My recruiter is asking me if I have any timing pressure. I interviewed and cleared HC (no number on compensation yet) at google. I am still pending team matching and next steps.

I had low performance at Microsoft and I have to get a new job soon (I would get laid off, I know the issues and I am working on it), mostly before October end. I don't have any competing offer yet (I might get one but chances are slim). What should I tell my recruiter that won't hinder my chances of getting an offer. Being on work visa complicates the situation as visa transfer would take 6-8 weeks. I would really appreciate an advice.

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 7 Comments
  • Microsoft / Eng bye bye
    TC?
    If you are confident that you will be asked to leave then First tell your manager to not manage you out as you are looking for jobs outside.
    Sep 14 3
    • Microsoft tech29
      OP
      I don't have TC yet. Already told my manager but I am not sure how long he will hold on as google is moving very slow, I have been in team matching since 4 weeks.
      Sep 14
    • Microsoft / Eng bye bye
      Then tell Google recruiter that you have other interviews scheduled and you would not want to continue there if things move faster here. Or tell that you have another offer. Or tell that this is right time to move because current project at Microsoft is towards the conclusion.
      Sep 14
    • Bloomberg / Eng F.U. money
      Well, telling your manager might backfire. Many managers are being evaluated on whether they are able to grow a team and people leaving hurts their ranking. Not sure if Microsoft works that way. Your manager might act out to protect himself and manage you out even sooner... 🤷🏻‍♂️
      Sep 14
  • I think h1b transfer only takes 2 weeks with pp
    Sep 14 1
    • Microsoft tech29
      OP
      Yes but lawyers take time and LCA will take about a week.
      Sep 14
  • Goldman Sachs kach1947
    You can start on the day that the h1b is filed (once receipt of filing is received) which you can do. Given that both previous and going to be new company are brand name etc, RFE chances are low.
    Sep 14 0